Question Wifi works fine, but Ethernet gives me max 100Kb/s

Jun 28, 2020
Devices connected wirelessly to the router get good Internet connection, but my PC gets max 100Kb on LAN. It's not a problem with the PC itself, as yesterday it worked perfectly fine with other router. The cable is also good, with up to 1 Gb/s.

kanewolf

Titan
Devices connected wirelessly to the router get good Internet connection, but my PC gets max 100Kb on LAN. It's not a problem with the PC itself, as yesterday it worked perfectly fine with other router. The cable is also good, with up to 1 Gb/s.
When you say the cable "is also good", have you verified the link rate in windows ? -- https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/75371-see-network-adapter-speed-windows-10-a.html If you don't have 1Gbit link rate, then it is most likely a cable problem.

Jun 28, 2020

kanewolf

Titan
I used the same cable in my primary location with a different router, UPC Connectbox, and it worked perfectly fine at 350Mb/s, while here I have a Dlink which has 100Mb/s max.
A cable working in one situation does NOT guarantee it works in all. Is your PC set to autonegotiate speeds? Does it get a 100Mbit link rate? Verifying the physical link rate is the first step in troubleshooting.

Jun 28, 2020
I used the same cable in my primary location with a different router, UPC Connectbox, and it worked perfectly fine at 350Mb/s, while here I have a Dlink which has 100Mb/s max.
Verified all these things, it shows me everywhere that max speed is 100Mbps/100Mbps, and that is the max performance of the router, but looking into the task manager, it shows max 340Kbps download while opening up a website and around 10Kbps upload all the time