WiFiGO! not working on windows 10 hotspot

LigerZero

Reputable
Aug 6, 2014
I am unable to use the internal router on my asus maximus viii extreme motherboard. There is a wifi engine/ wifi go program that is for using your desktop as a router and I am unable to get this to work. I have searched on the internet and have found a few with similar problems but I have not found a solution. the drivers seem to not have been updated like every other drive for the board. If anyone can shine some light on the subject that would be great!

Solution
1| Have you made sure your BIOS as well the remaining device drivers are up to date?

2| Have you tried installing the wireless drivers under compatibility mode:
Right click installer>Properties>Compatibility Tab>Windows 7/8 [from drop down menu]

3|
Coolpc-Asus-ROG-MaximusVIIIExtreme-29.jpg

The WiFi go module is built upon the Braodcom chip which alongside Atheros and Killer networking gear are the culprits for pretty much any issue with Windows 10 that run on a system with said networking NIC's/wireless adapters. You might need to download the drivers for it [strike]off this site[/strike] which sadly is a dead link.

Lutfij

Titan
1| Have you made sure your BIOS as well the remaining device drivers are up to date?

2| Have you tried installing the wireless drivers under compatibility mode:
Right click installer>Properties>Compatibility Tab>Windows 7/8 [from drop down menu]

3|
Coolpc-Asus-ROG-MaximusVIIIExtreme-29.jpg

The WiFi go module is built upon the Braodcom chip which alongside Atheros and Killer networking gear are the culprits for pretty much any issue with Windows 10 that run on a system with said networking NIC's/wireless adapters. You might need to download the drivers for it [strike]off this site[/strike] which sadly is a dead link.

Solution