Wiggling my CPU connector makes my fans come on...

Jul 21, 2018
I am unsure of why wiggling my CPU power connector sometimes makes my fans come on.
I have a Asus Prime B350M-E Motherboard, a EVGA 550 G3 550W PSU, a Ryzen 5 1600, a be quiet! Pure rock slim CPU cooler, a Thermaltake versa H15 case with the pre-installed fan in the rear and 2 be quiet! pure wings 2 fans. I currently only have the rear fan connected since my fan header hub hasn't arrived yet. My GPU will be a Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB WINDFORCE OC 6G but that has not yet arrived.

Solution
I don't know if it is posting
It should make a beep sound.

All I know is the fans don't turn on ad the pwr led doesent turn on when I press the pwr button.
Your MB is probably not set up correctly.

What do you mean by one RAM. I have two sticks of ram
When building new rigs, one RAM is used to set up and configure BIOS, then the others are added.

I can post a pic in a few hrs if it would help.
It's late (at least it is here 4 AM). I will come back tomorrow. Meanwhile, others should be available.

BTW, if possible, have your local pc repair guy set it up for you. It's very easy to miss something with all the connections. I once couldn't turn on my pc because my case power button was one pin off to the right.

zebarjadi.raouf

Commendable
Jul 10, 2018
Well, it's your CPU that tells the fans to work or not. Also don't "wiggle" the connectors. It's not a playing thing:).

If they are turning on when your system is shut down, that's odd.

If you're doing it while your system is on, well don't do it.

If everything is stable and your fans are not doing something weird, I wouldn't worry about it.

zebarjadi.raouf

Commendable
Jul 10, 2018
Post on the forum so others can contribute, no need to pm me.
When the computer turns on, the heatsink fan turns on as well (without a heatsink, the computer won't boot). If you don't have a heatsink installed, grab one lying around and install the fan to CPU_FAN header. It should keep spinning if the pc is on.

If it keeps doing disco dance, Your motherboard is not set up properly or has power issues (PSU). There's also the chance that your motherboard is faulty.

EDIT: You sure everything is set up properly? CPU power connector, MB power connector, one RAM, Case button connected to the right pin, ... . A working system should POST.

Jul 21, 2018
I don't know if it is posting since I have no display output. All I know is the fans don't turn on ad the pwr led doesent turn on when I press the pwr button. It does come on awith the fans when the atx 12v pwr connector is fiddled with. What do you mean by one RAM. I have two sticks of ram

zebarjadi.raouf

Commendable
Jul 10, 2018
I don't know if it is posting
It should make a beep sound.

All I know is the fans don't turn on ad the pwr led doesent turn on when I press the pwr button.
Your MB is probably not set up correctly.

What do you mean by one RAM. I have two sticks of ram
When building new rigs, one RAM is used to set up and configure BIOS, then the others are added.

I can post a pic in a few hrs if it would help.
It's late (at least it is here 4 AM). I will come back tomorrow. Meanwhile, others should be available.

BTW, if possible, have your local pc repair guy set it up for you. It's very easy to miss something with all the connections. I once couldn't turn on my pc because my case power button was one pin off to the right.

Solution