Wii U Sells 40,000 Units Over UK Opening Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiret

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
great! another 40,000 wining kids taught to play games on a Wii and then want to play Call of duty, Diablo 3, battlefield etc.

gardoversoza

Honorable
Sep 16, 2012
[citation][nom]tiret[/nom]great! another 40,000 wining kids taught to play games on a Wii and then want to play Call of duty, Diablo 3, battlefield etc.[/citation]
COD, D3, BF3?? LOL another wannabe-gamer troll who evaluates games solely on graphics.

I dare you try Nintendo Land. There's a reason why the Wii U has been selling out.

Gameplay > Graphics

tiret

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
[citation][nom]gardoversoza[/nom]COD, D3, BF3?? LOL another wannabe-gamer troll who evaluates games solely on graphics.I dare you try Nintendo Land. There's a reason why the Wii U has been selling out.Gameplay > Graphics[/citation]
my comment had nothing to with graphics - it is related to casual console gamers who cry when they try their hand at "real" games with hardcore players because all they know is mario bro's.

anyway i can see we on different sides of the fence - no point.

[citation][nom]gardoversoza[/nom]COD, D3, BF3?? LOL another wannabe-gamer troll who evaluates games solely on graphics.I dare you try Nintendo Land. There's a reason why the Wii U has been selling out.Gameplay > Graphics[/citation]

Diablo 3 doesn't even have good enough graphics to remotely make up for it being little more than a click fest.

[citation][nom]tiret[/nom]my comment had nothing to with graphics - it is related to casual console gamers who cry when they try their hand at "real" games with hardcore players because all they know is mario bro's.anyway i can see we on different sides of the fence - no point.[/citation]

Most WiiU gamers who go on to play PC games aren't likely to care so much about winning or losing to the point where they cry/whine when they lose.

tiret

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
lol i just checked nintendo land out... what a wank fest. are you serious???

gardoversoza

Honorable
Sep 16, 2012
[citation][nom]blazorthon[/nom]Diablo 3 doesn't even have good enough graphics to remotely make up for it being little more than a click fest.[/citation]
My point was 'gameplay' vs. 'graphics', not graphics alone. COD & BF3 has boring repetitive, gameplay but nice graphics. D3 has boring gameplay, though art style was nice IMO but not as graphics-demanding as BF3 & COD.

[citation][nom]tiret[/nom]my comment had nothing to with graphics - it is related to casual console gamers who cry when they try their hand at "real" games with hardcore players because all they know is mario bro's.anyway i can see we on different sides of the fence - no point.[/citation]
The so called 'hardcore gamers who play real games' are the ones who fall into the EA-Activision marketing-hype trap, "I could run BF3 on Ultra with blah blah fps."
I game both on the console and the PC. I just don't understand the idea that 'real gamers' are only the ones who play PC games like BF3, COD, D3, etc... which actually are games which suck balls!

gardoversoza

Honorable
Sep 16, 2012
[citation][nom]tiret[/nom]lol i just checked nintendo land out... what a wank fest. are you serious???[/citation]
Just admit it, you're so-called 'real games' are games which include violence, guns, sword, demons, etc... Oh and it must also push your high-end gaming PC rig to it's limits. Am I right?

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]esrever[/nom]I never got why people bought consoles at launch. Next to no good games and really pricy to boot.[/citation]

partially because there is always at least one good game around launch, but also, it can be very hard to get a console around launch, and the year following it.

like it or not, the wiiu game to get is nintendo land, sure, single player it sucks, but nintendo has been about the party game for what... sense the n64 with mario party... if you get 4 or 5 people together you cant have more fun with a game if you tried.

it will probably take a year for the great solo games to come out, but what was it with the wii, it was hard to get one for what, 3 years after lauch?

ill give him that the communities that tend to follow those 3 games get somewhat ruined by the kids who play those games and want to say their first swear word or racial slur, but i think he is also equateing nintendo to being a easy console, so they want all games easier... and while i agree to that with party games, when nintendo wants to be hard, they don't pull punches.

sorry, but you went with a casual experiance and than equated a hard core one to cod bf3 and d3, you are wrong. all those games brought in the main stream gamers and have suffered to extents because of it. not saying there are no hardcore games, but you have 3 games that refined themselves to appeal to all, not just a hardcore and eff everyone else.

remember ninja gaiden, mainly Tomonobu Itagaki. he has a hard core attitude with game design, he is quoted to saying something along the lines o "i make games i want to play, if you dont like them, eff off"

while he was there he made no attempt at making his games easier or bending over for things his fans wanted.

thats what i consider a hard core game mentality.

jdwii

Splendid
Lol so he thinks Nintendo games are easy, you just can't get such good gameplay from other games then on a Nintendo console i hate multiplayer games anyways.

Oh yeah if you think Nintendo games are so easy i'll play Super smash bro's with you anyday, not to mention zelda games can be quite changeling as well i think this kid means shoot and kill games. Who even cares that much about graphics on a console as well seriously toms 500$ PC build would do better if i buy a console ever again its going to be on gameplay not graphics.

beardguy

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010
I've been gaming since the days of the original Atari/Nintendo then on to Sega Genesis and Super Nintendo and down the line of video game evolution.

I bought a Wii U a few days ago for a few reasons. Basically, I though about how much fun I had gaming on the original Wii. There were some excellent games that came out and if you are a hardcore gamer or just a casual gamer, the best games could win over both crowds.

It would have been fantastic if the original Wii had better hardware, BUT it still had some amazing games. I can honestly say I had more fun with my Wii than I ever did with my 360. Which proves the point that better hardware specs do not equal better games.

Onto the Wii U. So far I only have Nintendo Land, but my first thought was that the graphics are pretty gorgeous. My second thought was, I can't wait to play new games like New Super Mario Bros, Donkey Kong Country, Mario Galaxy, Zelda, Rayman, Sonic the Hedgehog, Metroid, etc. with updated graphics and new controls.

As with the first Wii the Netflix integration is sweet. The web browser is actually good this time as well.
Overall the tablet controller is also great. Also you can transfer all your Wii Ware games to the new console and play old Wii Disc games. Pretty sweet. I think overall it will be a big hit again, just like the original Wii.

I've also been an avid PC gamer for a long time, but I wouldn't call gaming on a PC any more "hardcore" than gaming on any console. Get real.

Status
Not open for further replies.