WikiPad Arrives at GameStop on Halloween for $499

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerm1027

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
$500 and it uses power-hungry DDR2 memory and only features the Tegra 3? -__-
I'd rather have an OUYA, or a Nexus 7 with a Bluetooth controller.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
Just like GameStop to sell overpriced hardware with no support.

Who actually thought this was a good idea? This is the Android version of the IPad.

G

The Wikipad is a nice idea, but I think it's a little too late in the game to release something like this, especially at this price point. If they can lower the price, I think it would be attractive for gamers who don't already have a tablet. The specs are decent, and the fact that is lightweight and has an Android base is nice; but with Microsoft tablets being just around the corner, and the next-gen of consoles starting up this year with the launch of Wii U, I can't really see this taking off (unless Gamestop employees trick parents into buying it).

fudoka711

Distinguished
"GameStop is the retail destination when it comes to video games. Nobody but GameStop provides gamers with the best gaming content on the market."

Yea they also charge the most.

G

Games stops days are numbered and they know it. Within 10 years all games will be bought and sold digitally. Besides my Asus infinity pad is more powerful, looks nicer and is way less chunky that thing lol.

Borisblade7

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2011
500 bux is a bit much, 299 seems moer appropriate since i can get those specs on a 7 inch tablet for 199, maybe 349 at most but 499 is way too much. I can just use any android tablet and a wireless controller for far less and get all that stuff anyway.

therabiddeer

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
So a 10" nexus7 with a controller adapter for $499? I could see like $349 tops since the 16GB Nexus 7 is $249. Even then, thats a hard market because 10.1" is hardly portable when compared to a PSVita or a DS.

gigantor21

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
$500? Seriously?

People think the Vita is too expensive at half that price. And as several people have pointed out, you can save big by just getting another tablet and a controller separately. Talk about a piss-poor reading of the market.

I'll be amazed if this doesn't fall flat on it's face.

Status
Not open for further replies.