[SOLVED] wil this setup work with my gpu

Jul 20, 2020
so this is the setup im thinking about buying
Cpu:amd Fx-6300 Black Edition 3.5Ghz Cores 6
Max Boost Clock
Up to 3.8GHz
Ram: Patriot Viper 16 gb kit DDR3 1600 mhz (2 x 8gb)
Motherboard: ASUS M5A7BL-M LX3
CPU Cooler: Freezer Arctic 7 Pro
+ Windows 10 pro licensed CD-key
and i whant to know will this work with gtx 1060 6gb or gtx 1070 and when i wanna upgrade wil an rtx 2060 work
and i have a 500 w psu

Solution
Work? Yes, it will work.

Work well? No, it won't, because the FX-6300 is weak and is MANY YEARS out of date. That's an 8 year old processor, and 8 years ago, it was well behind the performance of Intel processors from the same release year. Given that it's so far out of date my advice would be to THOROUGHLY avoid ANY system that uses an FX processor. If it is not a 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th or 10th Gen Intel processor OR a Ryzen 2000 or 3000 (Or newer, if somebody reads this later on down the road) series unit, then it is a waste of money and is CERTAINLY not suitable for use the the RTX 2060, at all, ever.

Of course, that doesn't include any of the HEDT systems, but we're not talking about those either.
Work? Yes, it will work.

Work well? No, it won't, because the FX-6300 is weak and is MANY YEARS out of date. That's an 8 year old processor, and 8 years ago, it was well behind the performance of Intel processors from the same release year. Given that it's so far out of date my advice would be to THOROUGHLY avoid ANY system that uses an FX processor. If it is not a 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th or 10th Gen Intel processor OR a Ryzen 2000 or 3000 (Or newer, if somebody reads this later on down the road) series unit, then it is a waste of money and is CERTAINLY not suitable for use the the RTX 2060, at all, ever.

Of course, that doesn't include any of the HEDT systems, but we're not talking about those either.

Solution

Janis1121123

Prominent
Jun 27, 2020
Work? Yes, it will work.

Is this setup better
Gigabyte ga-z77-ds3h
I5 3550
16gb ddr3 ram
And tne same question about gpu's

It is, but not really. That's a 3rd Gen Intel platform, and it's 8 years old as well. It's got better performance than the FX-6300, but it is so old that it would be incredibly foolish to invest any money in it because it's right at the age where you are likely to see the probability of a motherboard failure go up exponentially. As I said, 6th Gen (Skylake) or newer, or Ryzen 2000 series or newer. Anything older than either of those is a bad investment unless you are getting them for EXTREMELY cheap, or free.

Janis1121123

Prominent
Jun 27, 2020
It is, but not really. That's a 3rd Gen Intel platform, and it's 8 years old as well. It's got better performance than the FX-6300, but it is so old that it would be incredibly foolish to invest any money in it because it's right at the age where you are likely to see the probability of a motherboard failure go up exponentially. As I said, 6th Gen (Skylake) or newer, or Ryzen 2000 series or newer. Anything older than either of those is a bad investment unless you are getting them for EXTREMELY cheap, or free.
Well im curently im using a lenovo m91p wjtch is crashing so much with blue screens and i7 2600 and gtx 1060 3gb and 8gb ddr3 1600mhz ram

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are using the i7-2600 currently, then the i5-3550 is probably more like a sidegrade, or downgrade, by comparison.

The FX-6300 would definitely be a downgrade from the i7-2600.

Have you tried reinstalling Windows?

Honestly, I understand your problem, but you're not going to fix the problem by paying good money for old hardware.