[SOLVED] Will 2025 mhz work for 3060 Ti ?

May 5, 2022
I have an asus rtx 3060 ti rog strix gaming OC edition. Will it be ok to overclock its core clock to 2025 mhz and overclock its memory clock to 7557 mhz. I have it paired with an amd r5 5600x. It's clock out of the box was 1920 mhz and its memory clock was 7000 mhz

Solution
Overclocking and undervolting is a process that takes time because you need to try upping or lowering small increments every time, check for stability running games and benchmarks and if stable, up or lower again and repeat.

There is no guarantee that you will reach that clocks. You may buy 10 3060 ti's and every single one can have different results.

Since Nvidia uses GPU boost, the best thing you can do is to have the card run as cool as possible and it should achieve higher clocks. Basically if there is enough power and thermal headroom, the GPU will boost higher.
Overclocking and undervolting is a process that takes time because you need to try upping or lowering small increments every time, check for stability running games and benchmarks and if stable, up or lower again and repeat.

There is no guarantee that you will reach that clocks. You may buy 10 3060 ti's and every single one can have different results.

Since Nvidia uses GPU boost, the best thing you can do is to have the card run as cool as possible and it should achieve higher clocks. Basically if there is enough power and thermal headroom, the GPU will boost higher.

Solution

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
I have doubts about how stable that would be.
1)Gpu Boost, which is built into the cards does most of the overclocking for you, like +300mhz over the 1410mhz base clock.
2)~Hello? Strix Gaming OC? Asus already binned and pushed the silicon another... 15mhz??? That's the average I see between Gamers' Nexus 3060Ti FE and TPU's Strix OC reviews.
3)Ampere appears to be a worse OC'er than the last 2 gens. There were older news threads about factory OCs being too aggressive as is - debates about the capacitors being used and crashing above 2000mhz.
I chalked it up to Nvidia changing partners to Samsung, and not sticking with the 'like fine wine' TSMC.

4)That very same Gpu Boost mentioned in #1 is the biggest roadblock, as it dynamically makes changes to the gpu core's boost curve based on operating temperatures and how frequently the power limit is being run into.

I have an asus rtx 3060 ti rog strix gaming OC edition. Will it be ok to overclock its core clock to 2025 mhz and overclock its memory clock to 7557 mhz. I have it paired with an amd r5 5600x. It's clock out of the box was 1920 mhz and its memory clock was 7000 mhz

Hey there,

I've an almost identical set up. My 3060ti is running with a OC and typically sits at 2000-2050mhz, and mem is set more or less the same as yours. It runs flawlessly. Slightly more heat. Typically on a heavy gaming sesh it will sit between 65-70c, without OC it's about 60-65c.

Agree with other posters: what one card will do, the other may not. Silicon lottery. The best solution is to take a logical, pragmatic approach to OC'ing your GPU, and finding out what settings suit your card.

Reactions: dotas1