WIll 300W PSu will be enough?

AkiTaki25

Reputable
Nov 1, 2014
Hello. :)
There is something that i wanna ask you.
For now i have that PC:

A8-6600k
FM2A85X-ITX
8gb RAM Patriot Viper3 Black Mamba 2400Mhz
Zalman ZM-T2
1TB WD Caviar Blue 7200RPM
Be Quiet! Pure Power L8 300W

I am using PC in home music studio and some video edition, no gaming.
But i reach the point where CPU performance is a little to low for me, and i wanna do my PC more quiet.

I think about upgrade to something like this:

AMD FX-6300
Asus M5A78L-M/USB3
Crucial Ballistix 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz
Cooler Master Silencio 352
Scythe Grand Kama Cross 2
Asus GeForce 210, 1G DDR3 (64 Bit)

I want to take HDD and PSU from my old PC.
And here is the question:
Will 300W PSU from my current PC will be enough to supply my new rig?

it may be ok. Can you be more specific about why you think cpu performance is a bit low? what specifically is your current rig struggling with? what would you like to be faster? If its a program that doesnt use more cores the 6300 may not give much of a boost. if its a program that is not well threaded an intel build may be better.

AkiTaki25

Reputable
Nov 1, 2014
I'm not sure about that but i read somewhere that in music production more slower cores are better than less faster cores.
I am using DAW called Bitwig and a lot of VST plugins from Native Instruments.
And I'm sure that this DAW using 4 cores, but does he can use more? I dont know, producer dont specified this, he only mentioned that program can use multiple cores.
To be more specified about why I want to change my rig...
Firstly when i load a lot of plugins CPU seems to be overloaded, and system start to working slower.
I have problems with ATI APU drivers. Sometimes it's working well, sometimes it crashes and Aero theme in Win7 crash with the driver.
I trying to reinstal it or using another one but this doesn't work... I think that drivers are just buggy.
DAW sometimes gives me some unknown errors, it seems to be a problem with compatibility with the CPU/iGPU, i dont know exactly.
I have some disruptions in my audio interface with are to come from USB port, i dont know if it is mainboard problem, or CPU, or what.
You know, when I started and have very, very tight budget i bought this one, but for now, when I'mo doing this more professional, this problems starting to be very annoing.
For a while i thinking about using Akasa Euler case. It can provide passive cooling, so its ulta quiet, but only Intel products with socket 1150 and TDP under 35W can bu used... :(
I dont know what to choose, AMD or Intel, i just think about AMD first because they have more cores for less money.
I just want stable, fast and quiet PC for my music productions and video editing, and if you could help me with build that mashine, i will be very grateful.

TRENDING THREADS