[SOLVED] Will 3600mhz XMP profile Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO RAM work on B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC?

sw3000

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2012
Hello, all. I have a Ryzen 3700x, MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC with latest bios and chipset updates, and recently just ordered 16gb, 3600mhz CorsairRGB PRO ram, which will arrive in a couple of days from the time of this post (already have the 3200mhz version) and now I am wondering when I get the new RAM and put in the XMP profile will everything work? I checked the sku/compatibility chart at the MSI website, and it looks like everything is a go...but just wanted to check in with other enthusiasts out there. Your feedback would be much appreciated! Thank you

Solution
Are you ADDING the new RAM to your current config, or replacing the current config with the new sticks? If you're adding, then there may actually be problems as mixing different kits, speeds, etc. of RAM can cause problems. If you're replacing the current ones, you'll be fine.
Are you ADDING the new RAM to your current config, or replacing the current config with the new sticks? If you're adding, then there may actually be problems as mixing different kits, speeds, etc. of RAM can cause problems. If you're replacing the current ones, you'll be fine.

Reactions: sw3000
Solution

sw3000

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2012
Hello Shektron, great point...I should have pointed out that I am REPLACING one Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB's from 3200hmz to 3600mhz. So, everything should be fine then? I guess my main concern is setting the XMP profile in bios and everything working as it does now with the 3200mhz. I don't do manual overclocking of RAM...Thank you..and btw then, I should be selling the 3200mhz on ebay in a few days! ;) Any further comments or technical suggestions welcome..but yeah, cool..if it'll be fine, then so be it!

Last edited:
Hello Shektron, great point...I should have pointed out that I am REPLACING one Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB's from 3200hmz to 3600mhz. So, everything should be fine then? I guess my main concern is setting the XMP profile in bios and everything working as it does now with the 3200mhz. I don't do manual overclocking of RAM...Thank you..and btw then, I should be selling the 3200mhz on ebay in a few days! ;) Any further comments or technical suggestions welcome..but yeah, cool..if it'll be fine, then so be it!
I think you might actually have to manually set the RAM speed because the motherboard's official website says the XMP profiles only go up to 3466 MHz. It's not a complicated process - you just have to go the RAM overclocking section and select DDR4-3600 as the speed, in case the XMP does not do it for you.

Reactions: sw3000

TRENDING THREADS