[SOLVED] Will 5 GhZ wireless work with this setup?

99StefanRO

Honorable
Oct 25, 2016
My ISP provided me with an optical router (I think this is how you say it when the Optical Fiber plugs in into it) a long time ago. My personal router is connected to the ISP router as shown in the picture below. I have gigabit connection. My question is: If I change my personal router with a 5 Ghz one, will I be able to benefit from 5Ghz with this dual router setup (The ISP provided one and the 5 ghz i'll buy)?

Solution
The ISP router is stupid it thinks everthing is on the ethernet cable you connect to your other router. It has no idea if any of the signals on 2.4 or 5g. It does not even know if the machines are on wifi at all you could plug ethernet into your second router.

If you buy a new router with 5g it will work fine with the ISP router since it doesn't care
The ISP router is stupid it thinks everthing is on the ethernet cable you connect to your other router. It has no idea if any of the signals on 2.4 or 5g. It does not even know if the machines are on wifi at all you could plug ethernet into your second router.

If you buy a new router with 5g it will work fine with the ISP router since it doesn't care

Reactions: 99StefanRO
Solution