Will 550 Watts be enough to run this build?

Solution
It's not about favorability, it's that the K on your processor is an unlocked processor meaning it can be overclocked but Intel have designed the H series chipset to prevent users from overclocking. Think of it as a no frill kind of a motherboard, or rather something that goes inside an HTPC and doesn't need to be overclocked. You could source one off Ebay, though reliability will be scanty.

I'm sorry but I'm not an advocate of suggesting a PSU that is to it's limits with a system. I prefer suggesting units with a little more wattage in order for OP to hold onto the PSU as long as possible. If you've followed through our build guides, you'll know that we suggest a case and PSU in such a way that it can last you a good 3-4 builds...

7664stefan

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
You have selected 'golden' 550W which will be sufficient with the stated configuration and parts. Main contributor to the power consumption in gaming rigs is normally the GPU. Thus as long as sufficient PCI-E connectors are supplied I see no objections to run the system stable.
I can already now imagine that the watt counters will argue differently, but this is what my experience says.

Nov 1, 2018

The only problem is they don't really sell many mobos that fit my processor anymore. An H97 isnt favorable?

Lutfij

Titan
It's not about favorability, it's that the K on your processor is an unlocked processor meaning it can be overclocked but Intel have designed the H series chipset to prevent users from overclocking. Think of it as a no frill kind of a motherboard, or rather something that goes inside an HTPC and doesn't need to be overclocked. You could source one off Ebay, though reliability will be scanty.

I'm sorry but I'm not an advocate of suggesting a PSU that is to it's limits with a system. I prefer suggesting units with a little more wattage in order for OP to hold onto the PSU as long as possible. If you've followed through our build guides, you'll know that we suggest a case and PSU in such a way that it can last you a good 3-4 builds. Storage will remain with you as long you take care not to red line them(in terms of capacity). While the CPU/Motherboard/Ram/GPU can change as you so choose.

Solution
Nov 1, 2018

My motherboard actually does support non-z overclocking. I am able to change the multiplier on my CPU. A few select H boards are actually able to overclock and mine happens to be one of them.