[SOLVED] Will 550 watts be enough?

amd vs nvida

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2013
Im thinking about upgrading my system to a 5600x and an RTX 3060ti (when they are available 😑). I currently have an EVGA SuperNOVA 550 G2. So my question is it enough and would it be safe to overclock in future if needed?

Solution
So going with those components now and buying and new PSU down the line when overclocking would be needed?
Try it. I think there's a good chance it will work as do others. If you decide to overclock....chances become greater you will have problems and may need to upgrade. It's somewhat hard to predict exactly what will happen. We don't know how well the PSU is performing compared to a new one...it may have degraded....we don't know the total load....temperature has an influence....etc...
So going with those components now and buying and new PSU down the line when overclocking would be needed?
Try it. I think there's a good chance it will work as do others. If you decide to overclock....chances become greater you will have problems and may need to upgrade. It's somewhat hard to predict exactly what will happen. We don't know how well the PSU is performing compared to a new one...it may have degraded....we don't know the total load....temperature has an influence....etc...

Solution

amd vs nvida

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2013
Yeah i understand, think i will try to keep my psu for now and see if there are any problems. Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS