[SOLVED] Will 64GBs of 3200MHz memory work on x570 board?

diamondpumpkin1

Commendable
Jul 25, 2018
I plan on upgrading my Ryzen 5 3400G on ASRock B450M/AC to a Ryzen 9 3900x on ASRock x570 Pro4. The system currently has 64GBs of RAM set at 2133MHz. I really wasn't able to overclock it any. Will I be able to clock my memory to it's rated 3200MHz on a x570 with the 3900x?

I am aware the QVL for the motherboard does not list a 4x16GB configuration, I don't expect it to, just want to know if it'll work.

Solution
That's all you can do is try it, different chips act differently they all meet specs but some are better than others. Your best bet would be to check Asus's web site and buy recommended memory at that speed. My XMP profile works so it is overclocked slightly, the time I played with settings I got a blue screen and haven't been back.
As a note, I question why I installed 64Gbs since nothing i've run has used over 32Gbs.
That's all you can do is try it, different chips act differently they all meet specs but some are better than others. Your best bet would be to check Asus's web site and buy recommended memory at that speed. My XMP profile works so it is overclocked slightly, the time I played with settings I got a blue screen and haven't been back.
As a note, I question why I installed 64Gbs since nothing i've run has used over 32Gbs.

Solution

diamondpumpkin1

Commendable
Jul 25, 2018

It seems you're right, good thing amazon has quick shipping. As for the amount of memory, this is a server, it'll use every last megabyte of memory.

ASRock X570 Pro4

Based on Matisse chart under RAM, the answer would be no. It will only run to 2933MHz.

-Wolf sends
That's the memory they've tested and can assure will work, not memory that will work exclusively. I have non-QVL memory in my main system and it works fine with it.