Will a 120gb SSD be sufficient enough for Windows 10 and some Adobe application?

Aug 22, 2018
I will put it on my laptop (I am still satisfied with my desktops' performance) the applications that I will install is mainly Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, After Effects and of course, the OS and some future updates

The specs of my laptop is as follows:

i5 7200U
6gb ram
1tb 5200rpm
940mx

This is because I've saw a MUCH cheaper SSD in one of the PC stores here in my countryy (Philippines) 250gb is just too much since I will also buy a caddy and 120gb for only 1,400php or 26USD is a good, very good deal to me.

This question is very simple, how much space are you currently taking on your 5200? I assume all those software are currently installed on the HD? Then after that, will your laptop accommodate BOTH the SSD and the old HD? if so 128 for OS and the HD for all other should be OK.

Aug 22, 2018

there are also games in my HDD installed on my laptop and its roughtly 300gb that is including the games (Dota2, LoL, Ran Online GS, Insurgency and another Insurgency the I forgot the name, MU Legends) and of course, the adobe apps.. But I will only put the OS and the said adobe apps in the SSD and the HDD will be a mass storage. Do you think it will all fit ?

flamoespoes

Prominent
Jan 15, 2018
I use adobe photoshop, illustrator and a couple of heavy 3D programs. I have an SSD of 120 gig.
Speaking from experience, if you just install windows on the SSD and use another disk for the adobe applications, this would be best. I will not recommend installing everything on the SSD, it will be full in no time. Best to completely install adobe on another drive.

Aug 22, 2018

Thats the purpose of me buying an SSD tbh, to install the OS there and the said adobe appps

Aug 22, 2018

I have computed it. The said apps will only take 10gb I dont know about the OS tho