[SOLVED] Will a 1650 Single Fan run fine?

Jan 10, 2022
Hi there, I have ordered a 1650 single fan since graphics cards prices are so high right now. Thinking back I dont know if it would run fine because I have a very poor airflow case.

Specs:
Fractal Focus G (case)
b550-f gaming (no wifi) (motherboard)
amd ryzen 5 5600g (cpu with stock fan)
Evga 750bq
16gb ram
500gb ssd
no extra fans
no aio
no radiator
and very low air flow unless I open up the case while playing.

I will need to be able to play most games on medium to high settings at 120fps+
Thank you for youre time.

Solution
The only potential issues with single-fan GPUs is that the single fan may need to run faster (louder) to keep temperatures reasonable and there is no redundancy in case it dies.

I haven't had any issues with my single-fan GTX1050 so far, can't really hear it over my case fans.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i actually have a focus g case and a single fan 1650 super. but i do have some extra case fans added in. one on top and one on the back with the 2 front that came with it.

i have no thermal issues at all and i have a 3600x cpu which makes our systems rather comparable :)

if you are concerned a couple more fans is all you should need. nothing extreme just a couple decent ones work fine. i went with a pair of these and they run cool and very quiet

https://www.amazon.com/quiet-BL046-WINGS-Max-1500RPM-Cooling/dp/B00ECWKD6I/?th=1

InvalidError

Titan
The only potential issues with single-fan GPUs is that the single fan may need to run faster (louder) to keep temperatures reasonable and there is no redundancy in case it dies.

I haven't had any issues with my single-fan GTX1050 so far, can't really hear it over my case fans.

Solution