Will a 180mm PSU fit inside my Fractal Define R3?

Akaiko

Reputable
Jun 26, 2015
I got to get a new PSU and are considering the EVGA supernova G2 750W, problem is the PSU being 180mm long and a diffuse note from fractal saying "cirka 170mm PSU max".

From looking around on videos and reading review I think people have been using 180mm PSUs but no one mentions anything about the fit at all.

Do you think it's safe to get the g2 or should I aim for another PSU?

Solution
IMG_3901-2.jpg

It's quite clear here
Supports PSU's with a depth of maximum circa 170mm, when using bottom 120/140mm fan location. When not using the bottom 120/140mm fan location, the case supports also longer PSU's, typically 200-220mm.

So are you intending to use the bottom fan mount next to the PSU? If so then you can't get the EVGA G2 to fit inside. If you do want to avail the bottom fan mount then you'e going to need a shorter length PSU. You could go for the G3/G2L or Seasonic SS-760XP2.

Might I ask what the rest of your system's specs are? You could get away with a lower wattage PSU(and consequently a...

Lutfij

Titan
IMG_3901-2.jpg

It's quite clear here
Supports PSU's with a depth of maximum circa 170mm, when using bottom 120/140mm fan location. When not using the bottom 120/140mm fan location, the case supports also longer PSU's, typically 200-220mm.

So are you intending to use the bottom fan mount next to the PSU? If so then you can't get the EVGA G2 to fit inside. If you do want to avail the bottom fan mount then you'e going to need a shorter length PSU. You could go for the G3/G2L or Seasonic SS-760XP2.

Might I ask what the rest of your system's specs are? You could get away with a lower wattage PSU(and consequently a shorter/smaller unit)...?

Solution