[SOLVED] will a 2 core 4 thread i3 2125 bottleneck

Memme_gamer

Prominent
Aug 16, 2019
Hello im gonna use my old gaming pc as a gaming pc for my friends and it got a i3 2125 and a zotac gtx 650 ti now but i think off buying an gtx 770 2gb and think off buying a i5 2500K or is the 2 core cpu fine?

Solution
It comes down to monitor resolution & game so there's really no definitive answer without some testing. Replacing the 650 ti with a 770 should be fine but you can test this.

"
  • If lowering the graphics settings has no effect on frame rates, then the bottleneck is your CPU
  • If lowering the graphics settings increases the frame rate, then your GPU is reaching its upper limits"
If your friends will be playing newer games and as long as the motherboard supports it then you may be able to find a i7-2600 or 3770 (4C/8T) for cheap as the increased speed and extra threads would help. I don't think going from 2C/4T to 4C/4T is going...

WildCard999

Titan
It comes down to monitor resolution & game so there's really no definitive answer without some testing. Replacing the 650 ti with a 770 should be fine but you can test this.

"
  • If lowering the graphics settings has no effect on frame rates, then the bottleneck is your CPU
  • If lowering the graphics settings increases the frame rate, then your GPU is reaching its upper limits"
If your friends will be playing newer games and as long as the motherboard supports it then you may be able to find a i7-2600 or 3770 (4C/8T) for cheap as the increased speed and extra threads would help. I don't think going from 2C/4T to 4C/4T is going to be worth it but I suppose it comes down to price and your budget.

Solution

Memme_gamer

Prominent
Aug 16, 2019

"
If your friends will be playing newer games and as long as the motherboard supports it then you may be able to find a i7-2600 or 3770 (4C/8T) for cheap as the increased speed and extra threads would help. I don't think going from 2C/4T to 4C/4T is going to be worth it but I suppose it comes down to price and your budget.
Its an asrock extreme3 gen3 Z68 but its a samsung monitor 60hz 1080×1920 or should i buy an rx 560 4gb

Last edited:
I'd upgrade to a 3770k if you can and get your cpu running as fast as you can. Then get as much gpu as you can get too.

Or you can just buy something new and leave this system for general use as it is fine for that even in its current configuration.

TRENDING THREADS