Steve_K7

Reputable
Oct 26, 2016
Hey seeing if anyone has experience building with the Corsair 220T case. I wanna know if it's possible to fit a 240mm rad on the top of the case. I've read that you need low profile ram. Ppl are saying 34mm. I have the new Corsair vengeance pro sl stick which are 44mm in height. Will that be enough clearance for the rad & fans?
Prob gonna go with a Corsair H100i.
Thanks

Lutfij

Titan
With all due respect, that case was not designed to have an AIO at the top, rather at the front. In fact that is evident when you come across the height restrictions of the ram conflicting with the radiator/fans if the AIO were to be mounted internally at the top of the case. On a secondary note, the AIO should be placed at the front of the case where it draws in cooler ambient air for the system. You're better off having fans up there in exhaust.

In retrospect you might want to go ahead with the build and see if the AIO fits there with your ram kit. To add, don't go for an AIO that has reduced thickness since that would mean you're compromising on cooling for aesthetics.

Reactions: Steve_K7

Steve_K7

Reputable
Oct 26, 2016
With all due respect, that case was not designed to have an AIO at the top, rather at the front. In fact that is evident when you come across the height restrictions of the ram conflicting with the radiator/fans if the AIO were to be mounted internally at the top of the case. On a secondary note, the AIO should be placed at the front of the case where it draws in cooler ambient air for the system. You're better off having fans up there in exhaust.

unfortunately I have a extreme big gpu XFX RX5700xt so there is no way I can fit a rad in the front of the case. Just want to know if it's possible to fit it on the top. I'm just running the hyper EVO 212 black right now.