[SOLVED] Will a 3090 work fine with a z170-a?

Solution
Yep... but it will be bottlenecked by the CPU (no matter what CPU for that socket) if its for gaming.... also you should have at least 750W Quality brand PSU.
Without knowing the resolution you will be playing at we don’t know if a bottleneck is likely. A bottleneck just means you won’t get the full potential of the gpu, it won’t damage anything.

What is the full pc spec?
What resolution and Hz is you monitor?

May 31, 2020
Without knowing the resolution you will be playing at we don’t know if a bottleneck is likely. A bottleneck just means you won’t get the full potential of the gpu, it won’t damage anything.

What is the full pc spec?
What resolution and Hz is you monitor?
RES: 1920 X 1080
Hz: 60

USAFRet

Titan
What effects has bottlenecking on the computer? Will it reduce the mobo's lifespan? Or the power supply's?
It will simply not let the 3090 reach its full potential.
Does not harm any parts, but the 3090 is sitting there mostly idle, mostly wasted.

It is just overkill.

Like putting uber expensive racing tires on a beat up 15 year old Honda Civic.

D

Deleted member 2838871

6700k no OC

RES: 1920 X 1080
Hz: 60

Back in November when I got my 3090 I paired it with my 7700k and there was a definite CPU bottleneck in 4K gaming. Your 6700K would have the same result in 4K gaming... and as others have said 1080p would be a waste of a 3090.

Said bottleneck is why I decided to take my "COVID cancelled my vacation in 2020" funds and just build an entirely new system.

TRENDING THREADS