[SOLVED] Will a 32gb kit work with a Ryzen 5 2600 on a x370 mobo?

Sep 1, 2020
I've recently just purchased the GSkill Trident RGB 32GB dual channel kit (3200MHz CL16) and I was wondering whether it would be compatible with the ASRock x370 Fata1ty ITX/ac + ryzen 5 2600 ?

I ask this because I don't want to open the box unless I know for sure I won't be getting BSODs all the time. The hardware suppliers in my area don't let you return if you've opened the box.

The make as for the RAM kit is F4-3200C16D-32GTZR. I'm not concerned whether or not I'll be able to hit the advertised speed as it'll be a considerable update from what I'm running at the moment. I just don't want it to BSOD, and there's not much info going around as to whether it'll work. The model is not stated on the QVL either.

Thanks.

Solution
I'm actually a bit scared in attempting to update my BIOS - i've heard some stories about people bricking their mobos and I can't afford to that at the moment as I require my computer for work. What's the safest way to update my bios? I know how to do it, I'm just not prepared to run the risk.

That's what my current RAM is rated to at the moment - 2133MHz haha... oh well if that is the case at least I got the added bonus of RGB!

And I heard that RGB gives you more frames.. hahaha.

Where did you find that? I've seen the QVL but there's no listings for the 32GB kit. I could only find listings for 16GB kits or 8GB kits.
Here in the GSkill configurator...

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

In reality, you can drop in any ram kit into any motherboard, so long as the sticks you have conform to the slot on the motherboard. You should be fine but I'd suggest that you make sure you're on the latest BIOS update before you have both sticks of ram in the board.

Reactions: !GNOH
I've recently just purchased the GSkill Trident RGB 32GB dual channel kit (3200MHz CL16) and I was wondering whether it would be compatible with the ASRock x370 Fata1ty ITX/ac + ryzen 5 2600 ?

I ask this because I don't want to open the box unless I know for sure I won't be getting BSODs all the time. The hardware suppliers in my area don't let you return if you've opened the box.

The make as for the RAM kit is F4-3200C16D-32GTZR. I'm not concerned whether or not I'll be able to hit the advertised speed as it'll be a considerable update from what I'm running at the moment. I just don't want it to BSOD, and there's not much info going around as to whether it'll work. The model is not stated on the QVL either.

Thanks.
I cannot say for sure but the QVL only shows RAM that is tested and ensured to work. I currently have a Corsair LPX 3000MHz kit and although my Motherboard QVL didn't show this ram to be supported, it's still working perfectly fine at 3000 MHz. So there's no way to answer your question but to try.

Worst that could happen is that they run at 2133 and wont go above that.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

In reality, you can drop in any ram kit into any motherboard, so long as the sticks you have conform to the slot on the motherboard. You should be fine but I'd suggest that you make sure you're on the latest BIOS update before you have both sticks of ram in the board.

I'm actually a bit scared in attempting to update my BIOS - i've heard some stories about people bricking their mobos and I can't afford to that at the moment as I require my computer for work. What's the safest way to update my bios? I know how to do it, I'm just not prepared to run the risk.

I cannot say for sure but the QVL only shows RAM that is tested and ensured to work. I currently have a Corsair LPX 3000MHz kit and although my Motherboard QVL didn't show this ram to be supported, it's still working perfectly fine at 3000 MHz. So there's no way to answer your question but to try.

Worst that could happen is that they run at 2133 and wont go above that.

That's what my current RAM is rated to at the moment - 2133MHz haha... oh well if that is the case at least I got the added bonus of RGB!

The fastest speed offerd by GSkill for 32 GB on your MoBo is 2933 mhz

Where did you find that? I've seen the QVL but there's no listings for the 32GB kit. I could only find listings for 16GB kits or 8GB kits.

Here in the GSkill configurator
https://www.gskill.com/configurator...),Capacity§32GB (16GBx2),Tested_Speed§2933MHz,
Here you van find the RAM sticks compatible with your motherboard

Solution

TRENDING THREADS