[SOLVED] Will a 550w PSU be enough to power a ryzen 7 2700x + RX 5600XT?

Jan 8, 2021
i Currently have a system with a low end motherboard (ASUS Prime a-320m-k) a Ryzen 7 2700x, rx 570, 16GB of RAM and a 550w PSU. I want to Upgrade to a RX 5600xt (red devil specifically) and was wondering if the 550w PSU will be able to power this system? and if you know if all the parts will be compatable, that would help alot

Solution
Hey there,

Hmmm. That PSU isn't a very good one at all. I wouldn't have it in a PC with a 2700x and a strong GPU. It could easily fail.

Ideally, if you want to stick with Corsair, then I'd recommend a Corsair TXM/RMX/RMI, and at a push a a CXM (grey lable). Other good choices are Seasonic Focus Plus Gold, EVGA G2/G3. All quality PSU's with 7-10 year warranties, that will through your next upgrade cycle. They are more expensive, but are worth the money. They are great PSU's!

Although your CS is 550w, and technically supplies enough voltage, it's the quality of the unit that's not up to scratch. They have a high failure rate, and often degrade very quickly.
Jan 8, 2021
Hey there,

Hmmm. That PSU isn't a very good one at all. I wouldn't have it in a PC with a 2700x and a strong GPU. It could easily fail.

Ideally, if you want to stick with Corsair, then I'd recommend a Corsair TXM/RMX/RMI, and at a push a a CXM (grey lable). Other good choices are Seasonic Focus Plus Gold, EVGA G2/G3. All quality PSU's with 7-10 year warranties, that will through your next upgrade cycle. They are more expensive, but are worth the money. They are great PSU's!

Although your CS is 550w, and technically supplies enough voltage, it's the quality of the unit that's not up to scratch. They have a high failure rate, and often degrade very quickly.

Reactions: dotas1
Solution

TRENDING THREADS