Will a 800W Power Supply handle these specs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dapro_

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2012
I might be buying a PC today but just quickly checking in to make sure my power supply will be good for the other specs due to the PSU being so crucial.

Heres the specs
CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3820 Quad-Core 3.60 GHz 10MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011 (All Venom OC Certified)
CS_FAN: Maximum 120MM Case Cooling Fans for your selected case
FAN: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
HDD: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
MEMORY: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Quad Channel Memory [-44] (Corsair or Major Brand)
MOTHERBOARD: (SLI/CrossFireX Support) MSI X79A-GD45(8D) Intel X79 Chipset Quad Channel DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ Winki 3, OC Genie II, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 3 Gen3 PCIe X16 & 4 PCIe X1
OS: Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium [+0] (64-bit Edition)
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
POWERSUPPLY: 800 Watts - Standard Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)

I would be very happy if you took the time to look through this and tell me if this power supply will handle all of it. I do have the cash to upgrade to "850 Watts - Thermaltake Smart Series SP-850M 80 Plus Bronze Modular Power Supply" if needed. But I would prefer to stay with the one I have set. Thanks in advance :D.

Solution
I see, is this a pre-built computer? Most of the times the power supplies aren't good, if you do change the power supply 450-500 watts is optimal for that build. PM me when you start to change your power supply and I can help you pick one out.

- Good day! :)

Dapro_

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2012
It simply just says "800 Watts - Standard Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready" on the website. Not sure if its off brand or what. I'll be upgrading the power supply either way at the end of January for the future, so its there and I don't have to worry about it later.

socialfox

Distinguished
I see, is this a pre-built computer? Most of the times the power supplies aren't good, if you do change the power supply 450-500 watts is optimal for that build. PM me when you start to change your power supply and I can help you pick one out.

- Good day! :)

Solution

Dapro_

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2012
Alright thanks for the offer I defiantly will pm you later. It is pre-built but I have the choice to switch everything around, but the company puts it together and sends it all in 1 to me (CyberpowerPC).

Dapro_

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2012

I just figured something out. The AMD 7770 is better then the GTX 650. Is it possibly to switch to the AMD with my specs? Its also cheaper so.

socialfox

Distinguished
^If you do go with his suggest, yes the video card is much better, however the power supply is an overkill. For a single card you have NO need for 850 watts, at tops 650 will do just fine for the single high end video cards.

Dapro_

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2012
Alright thanks a lot guys, really. I'm ordering within this hour (nervous). I don't have the choice to change to 650 currently but I will downgrade/upgrade within 2 months down to a really good 650 or something.

socialfox

Distinguished
Make no doubt, that build you have is surely a gaming build. The processor is extremely fast and you have ample ram, have a high end motherboard. Anyways when it comes to changing the video card, make another thread or if you want, you can feel free to PM me or Iceclock (if that's okay with him) and we will be glad to assist you.

Hope you enjoy the build :)

agree with fox - no need to overkill pn PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.