[SOLVED] Will a 970 SC 2.0 be bottlenecked by a r3 2200g

Mario'06

Prominent
May 28, 2019
Hi! i was going to build a system with a ryzen 3 2200g that i already have, and was wondering if this gpu would be bottlenecked by this cpu?

Solution
The 500w Thermaltake Smart also only has 2x6 pin PCIe connectors so it will not work with a GTX970.

Also, consider that saving $15 by cheaping out on your psu may cost you $100 or more and hours of troubleshooting if the PSU decides to fail down the road and destroy other components in your PC. Cheap PSUs like the Thermaltake smart units are junk and fail alot.
Its a Apevia 500watt psu, never heard of the brand, but it was a cheap psu
Your 2200g and GTX970 shouldn't be a bottleneck in most cases.

You don't want to hear the words "cheap" and "PSU" In the same sentence. The PSU is the backbone of your PC, and most Apevia units I see are incredibly cheap, which isn't a good sign for quality. What is the exact model of this PSU?

A PSU upgrade is most likely needed before upgrading to a GTX 970.

Mario'06

Prominent
May 28, 2019
Your 2200g and GTX970 shouldn't be a bottleneck in most cases.

You don't want to hear the words "cheap" and "PSU" In the same sentence. The PSU is the backbone of your PC, and Apevia is a cheap brand. What is the exact model of this PSU?

A PSU upgrade is most likely needed before upgrading to a GTX 970.
Alright, thanks, i had a different Thermaltake smart psu that would work off amazon, but was hoping this would work, thanks!

Mario'06

Prominent
May 28, 2019
What is the exact wattage of Thermaltake Smart?

They are at least 80+ and should have the required connectors, depending on wattage.

I will reiterate, Thermaltake Smarts are bad quality aswell.
Its 500watts, should i go for a 600watt just to be safe? And i understand its not very good quality, im just trying to build an ok pc that will play the games i want to play

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The 500w Thermaltake Smart also only has 2x6 pin PCIe connectors so it will not work with a GTX970.

Also, consider that saving $15 by cheaping out on your psu may cost you $100 or more and hours of troubleshooting if the PSU decides to fail down the road and destroy other components in your PC. Cheap PSUs like the Thermaltake smart units are junk and fail alot.

Solution
With that cpu and gpu, it won't even use more than 350w at full load.
I'd recommend this unit at the bare minimum, and just about anything else cheaper than this will be junk:
PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($44.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $44.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-09 20:35 EDT-0400
This unit is better than any Thermaltake Smart. Even though the wattage is pretty low, it should work ok,

You could go for a CX550 if you can find a deal on one.