[SOLVED] Will a better network card decrease packet loss?

Sep 25, 2019
I recently moved to college and I brought my gaming pc. They don't have Ethernet cables in the dorms so I am forced to use a network card. The ping is fine for the most part but the packet loss is very consistent. Normally I sit around 1-2% packet loss when playing fortnite but at times the game will freeze for 5+ seconds which heavily affects my gameplay.

Right now I have the RNX-AC1900PCE – dual band wireless adapter and I was looking to buy the ASUS 4x4 AC3100 PCIe Adapter or the ASUS WiFi PCI Express Adapter (PCE-AC56). Will upgrading to either of these cards noticeably decrease the amount of packet loss I experience? Is it worth it? Money is not a big issue.

Solution
all you need actually is using wifi router, put it at aside far from barrier /wall/ etc or just outside of your room's windows.

than just connect it by using RJ45 cable

or others idea, with less expensive by buying usb dongle , put it outside avoid from rain water temperature, connect it with long usb to usb converter.
Sep 25, 2019
all you need actually is using wifi router, put it at aside far from barrier /wall/ etc or just outside of your room's windows.

than just connect it by using RJ45 cable

or others idea, with less expensive by buying usb dongle , put it outside avoid from rain water temperature, connect it with long usb to usb converter.

Solution