Question Will a capture card make streaming to twich quality better?

Apr 19, 2019
I am planing on upgrading my i7 7700k to a i9 9900k because I wan't more cores so I can start a twitch channel. I want to game and stream on the same build. Will adding a capture card make a difference with the quality of the stream?

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
In order for you to move towards the i9 platform, you're going to have o invest on other components as well. What are the specs of your current system? List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Include the games you're interested in playing and streaming to Twitch.

Apr 19, 2019
In order for you to move towards the i9 platform, you're going to have o invest on other components as well. What are the specs of your current system? List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Include the games you're interested in playing and streaming to Twitch.

In my current build I have
CPU: i7 7700k
Motherboard: MSI Z270 Gaming M7
Ram: 32gb of ddr4
SSD/HDD: 3tb of sata ssd, 500gb of m.2 pcie
GPU: GTX 1080
PSU: evga 750w
Chassis:

I am looking to stream Overwatch, Fortnite, and D2 and maybe some classic rpg’s

Last edited:
Will adding a capture card make a difference with the quality of the stream?
You already have two "capture" cards in your system right now,the integrated GPU has QSV usable by OBS and your nvidia card has nvenc usable also by OBS and by geforce experience,so you can check beforehand if it will make a difference, capture cards come in two variants the cheap ones still rely on CPU power to make the stream more expensive ones have a hardware codec just like your GPUs.

The only real reason to have a second system is to have a backup for if your system crashes then your stream doesn't just go completely black and you can still talk to your followers.