[SOLVED] Will a case without a 5.25 inch bay support a graphics card?

Jul 19, 2020
I'm building my first pc soon and I'm paranoid I'll end up making a costly mistake by overlooking a detail. I remember reading somewhere that GPU's fit into 5.25 external bays, and found that as a filter on pcpartpicker, but surely cases without 5.25 external bays can support graphics cards right?

Solution
Thanks, turns out it was for a cd/dvd drive. And it's there bottom left External 5.25 Bay

Where?

Here's the bottom left side under graphics cards.

Untitled.png

It's possible you may be thinking about something else or gotten multiple things confused; it's easiest to help you when I understand what you're getting at!

The only page with what you say is the case page.

Either way, GPUs don't go into a 5.25" bay. Unless you're using a riser cable and just stuffing a GPU awkwardly into a bay -- which one should not be doing -- that's never been where a GPU goes.

DSzymborski

Titan
Thanks, turns out it was for a cd/dvd drive. And it's there bottom left External 5.25 Bay

Where?

Untitled.png

It's possible you may be thinking about something else or gotten multiple things confused; it's easiest to help you when I understand what you're getting at!

Either way, GPUs don't go into a 5.25" bay. Unless you're using a riser cable and just stuffing a GPU awkwardly into a bay -- which one should not be doing -- that's never been where a GPU goes.

Reactions: xalendare
Solution
Jul 19, 2020
wNFv1l.png

Oh I meant to post this on the case page, I don't know how to tell if I did I'm still new to this site. But yeah I just wanted to make sure the 5.25 inch drive wasn't specifically for graphics cards, which it's not. Watched a pov from Linus and turns out you just have to unscrew some stuff to slot in a GPU. Thanks for the help

Jul 19, 2020
Where?

Untitled.png

I do have one more question though, unrelated to 5.25" drives.. The new rtx cards come with DisplayPort 1.4a output ports. I found that there was no improvement between that and the regular 1.4, but would the name change require a different cable?