Question Will a cat 7 ethernet work on my router and ethernet powerline adapter?

Jul 3, 2019
Hello, I hate my wifi. It gives me random latency spikes which kicks me off my competitive games on Overwatch. See I'm a competitive gamer and want to reduce latency on my games. I was originally going to use a Ethernet cable from my router to my pc. But there was a problem ONLY in my room where my setup is. There is this massive air vent which the Ethernet cannot go through, (my room is in the basement.) So I have to use this Ethernet power line adapter I saw on amazon. I haven't bought one yet but I'm hoping it will increase my speed and decrease the latency. My wifi plan is 120 down and 60 up. I AM GETTING 600 kb/s. (sorry im frustrated.) before this I had a 3mb/s download speed. Still not even close to 120. So I called my ISP (Cogeco) for them to fix it. They said that the wifi was done wrong and some cables need to be split up on their own. So I did that and payed them. Now I got worse down and upload speed. My router is the Arris TG2472 Touchstone. My PC is a Dell XPS 8700 with an added GTX 1060. I was wondering if I use the TP-link TL-PA9020P KIT AV2000 Powerline Adapter kit w/pass through. And 2 Cat 7 ethernets. If My problem will be fixed.

Sorry for a lot of information, if you are confused just ask.
Thanks!
Owen

CAT5e/6/6a (ANY) are the tried&true, plugin, no-thinking solution.

If at all possible, purchase something that is labeled PURE COPPER. Stuff that are sold by Amazon (not third party) and NOT labeled as CCA (copper clad aluminum) OK.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS