Will a ddr3 memory card affect a graphics card's performance?

soxfox

Prominent
May 29, 2017
I bought an asus gtx1050 ti expedition today and i mistakenly bought a ddr4 memory instead of a ddr3 one ahhh

Will my graphic's card performance get goofed up if i use a ddr3 memory card or not?

My mobo is p8h61 lx3 plus from asus hope it helps a little thanks for answers!

Solution
I assume you meant DDR5 memory on the GPU.

Video Memory of that 1050ti
GDDR5 4GB which is fine but see below:

It has a slot for the card , and should be compatible , but some H61 chipset boards have issues running 700-1000 series Nvidia cards.
Little confused here. Are you saying that you got GPU with DDR4 memory? Or that you bought DDR4 memory for your motherboard? The former does not sound possible, all 1050ti have GDDR5 ram. The latter is serious mistake, as your motherboard will not work with DDR4 ram at all.

soxfox

Prominent
May 29, 2017

ahh i bought a ddr4 memory card ahaha but thanks for the advice! but will it affect the graphics card in anyway((the ddr3 memory card itself?)) i cant afford a new mobo atm :(

soxfox

Prominent
May 29, 2017

ahh sorry thank you i will take note of this!!:)

Your system memory has nothing to do with the function of the videocard. Whether you're using an old DDR2 system, a more recent DDR3 system, or a new DDR4 system, the card will work IF the card itself is compatible with motherboard and if of course you can power it.

If your system uses something other than DDR4 system memory, and you bought a stick of DDR4 ram, that's a separate issue.