Question Will a different mouse help with arm pain

SpeedCola

Prominent
Sep 28, 2019
I've been using a simple microsoft intellimouse for the past month and lately my arm is killing me. Both my wrist and elbow, and sometimes my forearm too, they hurt really bad after using my pc for 5-10 minutes. I've already tried raising my chair but it didn't really help. The only thing that helps is bending my elbow and resting the entire forearm on the desk, but using the mouse like that is uncomfortable. Should I look for a gaming/ergonomic mouse? Or should I have a doctor take a look at my arm first. Also, would an ergonomic mouse be okay for gaming? If i am to buy something better then I want something with the most chances of being comfortable and not causing any pain

SpeedCola

Prominent
Sep 28, 2019
You could try something like a tracball or a touchpad instead of a mouse....and you wouldn't have to move your arm. Just a thought.
I don't think I can use a touchpad for gaming, not for the games I play anyway. I don't know about the trackball, I guess I might just be able to get used to it, though I have to admit it looks weird.

A friend of mine learned to use the mouse with his other hand so he could give his dominant one a rest. I would also check with the doctor. You will most likely be told to stop doing the thing(s) that cause the pain, but you can also get tested and hopefully find out the exact source and get treatment for it.