Question Will a gaming router fix lag?

ItsMugen

Reputable
Jan 21, 2021
I have been having really bad lag as of late and i think its due to my brother getting a gaming PC. Whenever we game together or a lot of devices are being used at the same time, my games get really bad lag. What i have noticed is its not my ping that goes up and down. I play Valorant a lot and i turned on Network RTT jitter on and i've noticed it jump really high. When normal its at a steady 3-5ms, but then it jumps to 20-30ms and sometimes even 100ms and its been as high as 1000ms at times, but rarely. When this happens my whole game will freeze, then all of a sudden im somewhere else in game. Sometimes my character will rubberband. Also at the start or end of a round in Valorant my game will have a big 2-3 second screen freeze a lot of the times. I thought it would be my modem, but i've done some research and there isn't really much i can improve there. I called my ISP and they said there is nothing they can do as i have an up to date modem and my internet speeds are where they should be (400-500mbps).
I've tried new ethernet cables, i've also tried using my brothers PC to see if there is lag there too and there is. Also i've tried downloading games on my PS5 while playing on my PC and there is big spikes when doing so. The only thing i can think of now is buying a gaming router that supports a lot of devices at the same time. My games have become unplayable and i can't think of anything else that can fix this issue. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Speedtest: View: https://imgur.com/a/HOFUSXM

I have been having really bad lag as of late and i think its due to my brother getting a gaming PC. Whenever we game together or a lot of devices are being used at the same time, my games get really bad lag. What i have noticed is its not my ping that goes up and down. I play Valorant a lot and i turned on Network RTT jitter on and i've noticed it jump really high. When normal its at a steady 3-5ms, but then it jumps to 20-30ms and sometimes even 100ms and its been as high as 1000ms at times, but rarely. When this happens my whole game will freeze, then all of a sudden im somewhere else in game. Sometimes my character will rubberband. Also at the start or end of a round in Valorant my game will have a big 2-3 second screen freeze a lot of the times. I thought it would be my modem, but i've done some research and there isn't really much i can improve there. I called my ISP and they said there is nothing they can do as i have an up to date modem and my internet speeds are where they should be (400-500mbps).
I've tried new ethernet cables, i've also tried using my brothers PC to see if there is lag there too and there is. Also i've tried downloading games on my PS5 while playing on my PC and there is big spikes when doing so. The only thing i can think of now is buying a gaming router that supports a lot of devices at the same time. My games have become unplayable and i can't think of anything else that can fix this issue. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Speedtest: View: https://imgur.com/a/HOFUSXM
what games do you play? maybe the server you choose on tha game causes it?

a better router wont fix the issue if the issue is the provider itself.

Have you tried to use ipv4 and ipv6 dns address from google or cloudflare?

I did enter both DHCP and DHCPV6 server (i use huawei router) DNS to google DNS as it did the job better (my isp dns sucks alot), apply after each dns applied in DHCP Server panel then DHCPV6 Server panel, then restart the router after applying.

Now everything below assumes both machines are on ethernet connections directly to the main router. If you are using wifi that is likely your problem and there is no way to fix it other than not to use wifi.

There really no such thing as a "gaming" router. It is mostly marketing to get people to spend more money than they should for in effect paying someone else to put QoS rules in for a couple games.

First unless it is one of the games they decided to support it will do absolutely nothing. After this you have the standard QoS issues. First QoS does nothing unless you are using 100% of your bandwidth. All it does is select which traffic to send first but where there is no queue all packets get sent without delay. It is highly unlikely you are using a 500mbps internet connection at 100% unless you are trying to do downloads while you play. If your upload speed is significantly less maybe you can overload that but not with just game traffic. Game traffic uses maybe 1mbit up and down.

So if you are overloading this connection you best option is to try to find a way to not overload it. It takes massive cpu power to run QoS on that large a circuit. Most times what happens is you cap out in the 250-300mbps range for most routers and that is even with very simple rules. The big thing is the NAT is now done via the CPU rather than a hardware NAT function. If you use some of the best QoS methods you will drop your speed to 100mbps even on huge routers. There is no cheap way to do this which it is better trying to prevent the problems.

So if we assume you are not overloading the connection it gets hard to say what can cause this. Does it do this if you play different game or only when you play the same game. The router maybe getting confused by both machines attempting to use the same ports.
What you might try to see if it some strange router problem is to get a VPN account that allows you to have multiple clients. You at most will pay for 1 month since it is just to test. To your router this will basically look like 2 web sessions open to the same web site. All the game traffic will be hidden inside the vpn.

Most routers have no issues handling large numbers of devices. Most have no issues with say 50 but if you have a couple hundred that will put quiet a load on the router. Not sure this is a very strange issue.

ItsMugen

Reputable
Jan 21, 2021
what games do you play? maybe the server you choose on tha game causes it?

a better router wont fix the issue if the issue is the provider itself.

Have you tried to use ipv4 and ipv6 dns address from google or cloudflare?

I did enter both DHCP and DHCPV6 server (i use huawei router) DNS to google DNS as it did the job better (my isp dns sucks alot), apply after each dns applied in DHCP Server panel then DHCPV6 Server panel, then restart the router after applying.

So its not just Valorant im having issues with i also play Apex Legends and get the same lag. I did try using the google DNS which is a ipvs dns i think?, but didn't change anything. I don't know any ipv6 DNS. Any you recommend?

So its not just Valorant im having issues with i also play Apex Legends and get the same lag. I did try using the google DNS which is a ipvs dns i think?, but didn't change anything. I don't know any ipv6 DNS. Any you recommend?
Google DNS
IPV4:
Primary: 8.8.8.8
Secondary: 8.8.4.4

IPV6:
Preferred: 2001:4860:4860::8888
Spare: 2001:4860:4860::8844

Cloudflare:
IPV4:
Primary: 1.1.1.1
Secondary: 1.0.0.1

IPV6:
Preferred: 2606:4700:4700::1111
Spare: 2606:4700:4700::1001

Reactions: CompuGuy71

ItsMugen

Reputable
Jan 21, 2021
Yes, both are connected via ethernet. Also Its not just happening in Valorant, it also happens in Apex Legends. I think my server isnt an issue? My ping is around 20ms and like i said it doesn't really change when i lag, but i don't know if this matters or not. Also this was happening before my brother had got his PC, now its happening more frequent. I've tried to use QoS on my the router my ISP has provided, but they i cant find a way to get into the router settings. My ISP seems to restrict access to it, so i just get sent to a control panel that lets me change my router password, name, and has port forwarding. And the most amount of devices being used is around 8 at a time. Is there a way i can tell if my connection is being overloaded? And i've never used a VPN before so do you have any recommendations?

Last edited:

ItsMugen

Reputable
Jan 21, 2021
Google DNS
IPV4:
Primary: 8.8.8.8
Secondary: 8.8.4.4

IPV6:
Preferred: 2001:4860:4860::8888
Spare: 2001:4860:4860::8844

Cloudflare:
IPV4:
Primary: 1.1.1.1
Secondary: 1.0.0.1

IPV6:
Preferred: 2606:4700:4700::1111
Spare: 2606:4700:4700::1001
Tried all these still nothing, i have been testing all these DNS servers in the command prompt and have been getting really bad results. 1.1.1.1 has got me a max of 189ms, but then i tested it again and max was 24ms. Same with all the other DNS servers im getting max of +100ms then down to the 20s when i test again. 8.8.8.8 got me a max of 289ms one time. Honestly i don't know what else i can try.

Run tracert to 1.1.1.1 or really any other address. What you are looking for is the IP of the ISP first router it is normally the second hop.

Now what you want to do is open cmd windows and leave a constant ping run to your router IP, which should be hop 1 and a second window and run a ping to hop 2.

If you see issues to hop 1 it is more likely there is some issue with the pc or unlikely the router. If this is good and you see issues to hop 2 it generally means there is a problem with the connection coming to your house. Packet loss the ISP will likely fix high latency is a indicator of a overload condition. It would take a very large download being run to use up 500mbps internet connection but if someone in your house is doing that it can cause the issue. It could be a overload in the ISP network.

It neither of these show issues it farther into the network. You could test ping to other nodes but these tend to be not something you easily get fixed because they may be in other ISP network.

ISP routers are very basic for a reason, to keep them more reliable and easier to service. When you deploy hundreds of thousands of them, you don't want to waste money on servicing them when people mess with settings. Therefore, you won't find advanced features like QOS in the router.

I would get a router that can run FQ_Codel or CAKE QOS. It'll reduce or eliminate your lag, assuming you've saturated your internet.

ItsMugen

Reputable
Jan 21, 2021
Run tracert to 1.1.1.1 or really any other address. What you are looking for is the IP of the ISP first router it is normally the second hop.

Now what you want to do is open cmd windows and leave a constant ping run to your router IP, which should be hop 1 and a second window and run a ping to hop 2.

If you see issues to hop 1 it is more likely there is some issue with the pc or unlikely the router. If this is good and you see issues to hop 2 it generally means there is a problem with the connection coming to your house. Packet loss the ISP will likely fix high latency is a indicator of a overload condition. It would take a very large download being run to use up 500mbps internet connection but if someone in your house is doing that it can cause the issue. It could be a overload in the ISP network.

It neither of these show issues it farther into the network. You could test ping to other nodes but these tend to be not something you easily get fixed because they may be in other ISP network.
Ive never tried tracert so this is new to me, but i ran 2 command prompts and everything seems normal. I honestly don't know what hops are, but hops 1 and 2 have low ms between 1-9ms. Don;t know if im doing this right, but im not seeing any high ms at the moment. Now i am trying this early in the morning when no one is using the internet. I also checked ping on many DNS servers and they are all normal at the moment. The max ive seens is 24ms and i have ran many tests. I also dont think its my PC, i just bought it 6 months ago and its on the high end of things. I was also having these issues with my old PC which was kinda low end and i thought it was my PC giving out, but i guess not. I also don't think we are using all of 500GB, the most our internet is being used for is streaming services or just regular browsing. My and my brother are the only ones who download games every now and then.

Both of these were in DNS 8.8.8.8
View: https://imgur.com/a/NffNm1l

PC specs:
GPU: RTX Suprim x 3070 Ti
CPU: Intel Core i7-12700F
CPU: Cooler Scythe FUMA 2
Motherboard: Asus PRIME B660-Plus D4 ATX LGA1700
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3600
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 1 TB M.2-2280
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower
Power Supply: Corsair RMX (2018) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX
2 Monitor set up: AOC G2460P 1920x1080p 60Hz, LG 27GL850-B 27 Inch Ultragear QHD Nano IPS 1ms NVIDIA G-Sync Compatible

ItsMugen

Reputable
Jan 21, 2021
ISP routers are very basic for a reason, to keep them more reliable and easier to service. When you deploy hundreds of thousands of them, you don't want to waste money on servicing them when people mess with settings. Therefore, you won't find advanced features like QOS in the router.

I would get a router that can run FQ_Codel or CAKE QOS. It'll reduce or eliminate your lag, assuming you've saturated your internet.
The thing is yea maybe your right, but will getting a personal router still allow me to access the settings on it? The thing is I've tried using QoS, but my ISP blocks access to my router. They have a "control panel" that they redirect you to when trying to access your router. This only allows you to do simple things like chance name and password of your network and port forwarding. Is there any routers you can recommend i get? Also thing might save me some money cause as of right now it costs me to use their router $12.95 a month. I asked for a new replacement, but they just say it's not the router that is causing these issues.

Try another easy test https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat and see what the results are. You want to see an A grade.

You can still access your ISP modem with your own router. I prefer ASUS routers that can run Merlin firmware, here's a list: https://www.asuswrt-merlin.net/

Most forms of QOS are nearly worthless. You want to use a traffic shaping QOS algorithm like FQ_Codel or CAKE, both of which the Merlin firmware has. These algorithms are very processor intensive though, so depending on which processor is in your router, you might max out at 300-400mbps top speed. But all of you network traffic will be shaped in an equitable manner.

ItsMugen

Reputable
Jan 21, 2021
Try another easy test https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat and see what the results are. You want to see an A grade.

You can still access your ISP modem with your own router. I prefer ASUS routers that can run Merlin firmware, here's a list: https://www.asuswrt-merlin.net/

Most forms of QOS are nearly worthless. You want to use a traffic shaping QOS algorithm like FQ_Codel or CAKE, both of which the Merlin firmware has. These algorithms are very processor intensive though, so depending on which processor is in your router, you might max out at 300-400mbps top speed. But all of you network traffic will be shaped in an equitable manner.
So these are the results i got: https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat?test-id=331defa0-e5c2-4453-9c2f-ec0c0167866b
This is the router i currently have that is being provided by my ISP: https://www.amazon.com/Surfboard-TG3452-DOCSIS-Gateway-802-11ac/dp/B08BCBVCZM

Will getting one of these ASUS routers replace the one i currently have? or is this router something i will have to connect to my now ISP router?

So these are the results i got: https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat?test-id=331defa0-e5c2-4453-9c2f-ec0c0167866b
This is the router i currently have that is being provided by my ISP: https://www.amazon.com/Surfboard-TG3452-DOCSIS-Gateway-802-11ac/dp/B08BCBVCZM

Will getting one of these ASUS routers replace the one i currently have? or is this router something i will have to connect to my now ISP router?

Your ping increases on average 35ms when a download is active. That's not super bad, but not good either, hence the B grade. It only increases 1ms when an upload is active, so that's excellent. But your download grade is not excellent.

If you're renting that router, I'd recommend buying a modem and router separately to save money anyways. Then take the router back to to the ISP.

If you aren't renting your router, then I'd say buy a router from Amazon or somewhere with a good return policy to try it out. You need to put the ISP router into bridge mode.

kanewolf

Titan
Ive never tried tracert so this is new to me, but i ran 2 command prompts and everything seems normal. I honestly don't know what hops are, but hops 1 and 2 have low ms between 1-9ms. Don;t know if im doing this right, but im not seeing any high ms at the moment. Now i am trying this early in the morning when no one is using the internet. I also checked ping on many DNS servers and they are all normal at the moment. The max ive seens is 24ms and i have ran many tests. I also dont think its my PC, i just bought it 6 months ago and its on the high end of things. I was also having these issues with my old PC which was kinda low end and i thought it was my PC giving out, but i guess not. I also don't think we are using all of 500GB, the most our internet is being used for is streaming services or just regular browsing. My and my brother are the only ones who download games every now and then.

Both of these were in DNS 8.8.8.8
View: https://imgur.com/a/NffNm1l

PC specs:
GPU: RTX Suprim x 3070 Ti
CPU: Intel Core i7-12700F
CPU: Cooler Scythe FUMA 2
Motherboard: Asus PRIME B660-Plus D4 ATX LGA1700
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3600
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 1 TB M.2-2280
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower
Power Supply: Corsair RMX (2018) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX
2 Monitor set up: AOC G2460P 1920x1080p 60Hz, LG 27GL850-B 27 Inch Ultragear QHD Nano IPS 1ms NVIDIA G-Sync Compatible
Since that motherboard has 2.5GE, have you tried the latest RealTek drivers -- https://realtek-download.com/realtek-pcie-gbe-family-controller/
The RealTek haven't been as bad as Intel with the 2.5G, but it is always worth updating if not current. This is a small version number higher than the driver on the Asus webpage.

ItsMugen

Reputable
Jan 21, 2021

Will getting one of these ASUS routers replace the one i currently have? or is this router something i will have to connect

ItsMugen

Reputable
Jan 21, 2021
Since that motherboard has 2.5GE, have you tried the latest RealTek drivers -- https://realtek-download.com/realtek-pcie-gbe-family-controller/
The RealTek haven't been as bad as Intel with the 2.5G, but it is always worth updating if not current. This is a small version number higher than the driver on the Asus webpage.
Ok i have downloaded this driver, which i didn't even know was a thing lol
This is the one i downloaded. which is the right one i hope

Last edited:

ItsMugen

Reputable
Jan 21, 2021
Your ping increases on average 35ms when a download is active. That's not super bad, but not good either, hence the B grade. It only increases 1ms when an upload is active, so that's excellent. But your download grade is not excellent.

If you're renting that router, I'd recommend buying a modem and router separately to save money anyways. Then take the router back to to the ISP.

If you aren't renting your router, then I'd say buy a router from Amazon or somewhere with a good return policy to try it out. You need to put the ISP router into bridge mode.
Yes i am renting it, it costs me $12.95 a month just to rent it. Would i need to get both a modem and a router? i don't really know the difference between the 2. I also don't know how to put my router into bridge mode, but if it involves accessing the router itself, my ISP doesn't give me access. Only a control panel which has little functionality. All i could do is change my network name and password.

You are going to have to buy a modem and a router.

Before you chase down this path really think about what you are doing. You said

"Also i've tried downloading games on my PS5 while playing on my PC and there is big spikes when doing so"

Of course this is going to cause problems the download will attempt to use 100% of the connection. A much simpler solution is going to be to set the maximum download rate in the ps5 to something lower so it does not max out the connection.
You have a huge internet connection and should not have trouble running any mix of applications. Download pretty much the only thing that can kill it.

I would see if there are simpler solutions like trying to find what other traffic is causing the problem and try to fix the traffic rather than looking for magic routers.

The largest issue is with a really fast connection like you have you need a massive router cpu to keep up when running any form of traffic shaping. Lets say you decide to use the merlin firmware and the fancy traffic shaping it has. Even with the fastest router you can get you are going to give up 100-200mbps of your 500mbps connection. Is it worth giving up that much bandwidth to do this. The only things that can really keep up with a 500mbps internet connection is a small pc running as a router.

The QoS is normally only need on smaller connections say 50mbps-100mbps. When you have a large connection like yours if you are running it at 100% especially if it happens for long periods of time you have something very wrong with the traffic in your house. You see this when you have teens who run torrents constantly. Note the fancy things like FQ-codel shaping will not stop torrents from causing issues you must use a much more brute force approach to that.

ItsMugen

Reputable
Jan 21, 2021
Yea I never thought about downloads causing connection issues, but I almost never download while gaming and i still have connection issues. I just did it to test it out, but didn’t really think about it. No one in my house uses the internet for more than just browsing, streaming Netflix, and gaming. So it’s nothing too heavy duty that i think should be causing these issues.
I don’t know if my ISP is giving me a good enough router that can handle these speeds. Or is there even one that can handle these speeds without issues?
Before I had a plan of 200-300mbps with limit of 1000GB of data and had no issues with connection, but during Covid we were exceeding 1000GB and were getting charged for that. So, we decided to go to the 500mbps 2000GB. Now when we made this switch our router never got replaced. So, maybe it should have? However I have called my ISP and told them the problems im having and they said there is nothing they can do. They said that since me speeds are good then the problem might be on my part, but I have a new PC and my brothers PC also has the same issues. I am paying $12.95 a month for the router and im starting to think that’s the problem because I’ve tried just about everything I can think of on my end. Im willing to spend some money on a good router considering I’ve been renting this router for close to 5 years now. However, what’s do you meant by a router and a modem? Are they 2 different things? Will I have to get both? I honestly don’t know much about router or modems so I don’t know which ones are good. Also will my ISP support a router that’s not from them directly? Sorry for all the questions.

Router I’m renting from my ISP: https://www.amazon.com/Surfboard-TG3452-DOCSIS-Gateway-802-11ac/dp/B08BCBVCZM

A $20 router can run full gigabit wan/lan if you do not use fancy features.

After digging around I see you posted your router as a TG3452 that is a pretty nice modem/router. It was barely released 5 years ago so it was very top of the line stuff when you got it.
That device is one of the recommended devices for people that have full gigabit internet connections because is support docsis 3.1
In addition it supports the fastest wifi5 (802.11ac) data encoding rates. It also has a very nice feature call moca what helps people who need ethernet in other rooms and only have coax cable.

This router should not be a bottleneck. Pretty much the only downside is the only way to get them is to rent them. This is because it has telephone ports in it. Generally you can't buy routers with telephone ports, maybe the ISP will sell it to you.

This thread is very messy because it got into chasing solution before finding the real problem. Your problem may not be the router.

Your problem looks like what someone using wifi would complain about. You said you were using ethernet and I assume this is ethernet directly to the router without any kind of extender/repeater in the path.

Since this affects multiple machines in your house you would think it is going to be the router but it can be many other things. As discussed you do not want to be overloading your connection but this is unlikely with a huge connection like yours.
That is a pretty simple router configuration wise. The only feature that might cause you problems is the parental controls. This is a very basic form of QoS software. I would make sure you do not have that enabled.

Maybe it is some kind of conflict between machines in your house. I would first try with just 1 machine connected to the router with ethernet disconnect the other machines and go into the router and disable the 2.4 and 5g wifi radios.
Then slowly add machines as see if there is some combination that is causing this issue. It is not likely it is the router not being able to handle that many machine it is more the machines in some way directly interfere with each other.

Last edited:
Reactions: kanewolf

Will getting one of these ASUS routers replace the one i currently have? or is this router something i will have to connect

This is what my internet connection looks like without my CAKE qos turned on. I get about +22ms of download and upload loaded latency increase. Which is fine but not excellent: https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat?test-id=1dfc7c7c-8186-43e4-855e-d7ad501651d8

This is what My connection looks like with CAKE QOS turned on. I lose a little of my top speed, but my loaded latency drops to nothing which is excellent for gaming: https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat?test-id=5fa12658-134a-4f6c-80ba-7444bb2e7d50

Since you are renting and paying $13/mo. I'd replace it with my own BETTER equipment. You will lose some top speed with an off-the-shelf router because their processors aren't very powerful and these algorithms require quite a bit of CPU power. With a good Asus router, you're probably looking at 300-400mbps top speed when traffic shaping, but your latency will be very good.

ItsMugen

Reputable
Jan 21, 2021
This is what my internet connection looks like without my CAKE qos turned on. I get about +22ms of download and upload loaded latency increase. Which is fine but not excellent: https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat?test-id=1dfc7c7c-8186-43e4-855e-d7ad501651d8

This is what My connection looks like with CAKE QOS turned on. I lose a little of my top speed, but my loaded latency drops to nothing which is excellent for gaming: https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat?test-id=5fa12658-134a-4f6c-80ba-7444bb2e7d50

Since you are renting and paying $13/mo. I'd replace it with my own BETTER equipment. You will lose some top speed with an off-the-shelf router because their processors aren't very powerful and these algorithms require quite a bit of CPU power. With a good Asus router, you're probably looking at 300-400mbps top speed when traffic shaping, but your latency will be very good.
Which asus router would be best? Which do you recommend? Bill001g has said my router is one of the better ones to handle my speed, but the think is I can’t change any settings on it as my ISP doesn’t give me access to it. So no QoS. I’m willing to spends some money if this fixes my issue, but then if it doesn’t I would know what to do.

ItsMugen

Reputable
Jan 21, 2021
A $20 router can run full gigabit wan/lan if you do not use fancy features.

After digging around I see you posted your router as a TG3452 that is a pretty nice modem/router. It was barely released 5 years ago so it was very top of the line stuff when you got it.
That device is one of the recommended devices for people that have full gigabit internet connections because is support docsis 3.1
In addition it supports the fastest wifi5 (802.11ac) data encoding rates. It also has a very nice feature call moca what helps people who need ethernet in other rooms and only have coax cable.

This router should not be a bottleneck. Pretty much the only downside is the only way to get them is to rent them. This is because it has telephone ports in it. Generally you can't buy routers with telephone ports, maybe the ISP will sell it to you.

This thread is very messy because it got into chasing solution before finding the real problem. Your problem may not be the router.

Your problem looks like what someone using wifi would complain about. You said you were using ethernet and I assume this is ethernet directly to the router without any kind of extender/repeater in the path.

Since this affects multiple machines in your house you would think it is going to be the router but it can be many other things. As discussed you do not want to be overloading your connection but this is unlikely with a huge connection like yours.
That is a pretty simple router configuration wise. The only feature that might cause you problems is the parental controls. This is a very basic form of QoS software. I would make sure you do not have that enabled.

Maybe it is some kind of conflict between machines in your house. I would first try with just 1 machine connected to the router with ethernet disconnect the other machines and go into the router and disable the 2.4 and 5g wifi radios.
Then slowly add machines as see if there is some combination that is causing this issue. It is not likely it is the router not being able to handle that many machine it is more the machines in some way directly interfere with each other.
So I’m currently at work and will run some more texts later. As for QoS, my ISP doesn’t give me any access to my router. So I can’t change any settings beside my network name and password. This is why I’m starting to consider buying a new router I can have QoS on. I’m already renting this router for $13 a month so buying a new one wouldn’t be a bad idea. However I’m gonna keep running tests just to make sure getting a new router with QoS and other features will fix my issue.