Will a geforce gtx 750ti work on a ga-z77-d3h motherboard

Ajbboy123

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2014
I was looking at a geforce gtx 750ti video card, and I was wondering if it will work on my ga-z77-d3h motherboard? By the way I have a power supply PSU of 500W

Solution
Check to see if the GTX750Ti card you purchased uses a UEFI bios. I discovered this caused a conflict at boot with the Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H UEFI bios and an EVGA 750Ti card. If this is the case, you may have to try flashing your motherboard bios to a newer version. You might also check to see if your onboard video was enabled. If that was the case, you case use it to enter bios and change to PCIE card and then reboot and hook your monitor to the new card.

Ajbboy123

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2014
I went to a store called 'Best Buy' and had them pick out the 750Ti, and had them install it too, I came back later and they said that my power supply might be good for it, but my mother board seems to not support it or something. Or they just messed up and installed or plugged something in wrong. I trust them but not 100%. The people that set it up gave me a 100% refund and my computer back of course. I don't know what went wrong or why it didn't work. Can someone tell me why it may not have worked or what happened? I looked at the 750Ti box and it said I need a power supply of 400W or greater and I have 500W, so I'm pretty sure its not that, I'm pretty positive that its my Motherboard that isn't compatible, I did do a lot of research on my motherboard, and you people say it should work, but it didn't. So please explain why it didn't?

The Letter Mu

Reputable
Feb 17, 2014
As long as the motherboard has a PCIe x16 slot it should work! Have you tried another PCIe x16 slot? Sounds like Best Buy doesn't know what they're doing over there. Check to see if the card also requires a 6-pin connector, and if it was hooked up from the PSU.

Ajbboy123

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2014

What is PSU?

The Letter Mu

Reputable
Feb 17, 2014
Power Supply Unit. Some GTX 750Ti models came with a required 6-pin connection. It should be a PCIe or Peripheral marked cable coming from the Power Supply Unit. Would the PC even start? Or it started without recognizing the card?

Ajbboy123

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2014

They said it was just a blank screen like it didn't even know the card was in there.

MoB_DeadMeat

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2008
Check to see if the GTX750Ti card you purchased uses a UEFI bios. I discovered this caused a conflict at boot with the Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H UEFI bios and an EVGA 750Ti card. If this is the case, you may have to try flashing your motherboard bios to a newer version. You might also check to see if your onboard video was enabled. If that was the case, you case use it to enter bios and change to PCIE card and then reboot and hook your monitor to the new card.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS