Will a Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce Gt 710 work with my lenovo E73?

Solution
Specs for your Lenovo E73 SFF state only a 180 watt power supply. The recommended wattage for a system with that card is 300 watts.

Now that card only has a power design of 19 watts and since your CPU has a 65 watt power design, is *should* come in under the power capabilities of your power supply, but we do not know the details of your power supply rails (amps), nor do we know how well (or poorly) it's aged since you purchased the computer. It's highly unlikely it's capable of still putting out max power.

So, while it should work, I won't guarantee that you won't run into issue and therefore, I would not recommend it without also upgrading your (proprietary) power supply.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Specs for your Lenovo E73 SFF state only a 180 watt power supply. The recommended wattage for a system with that card is 300 watts.

Now that card only has a power design of 19 watts and since your CPU has a 65 watt power design, is *should* come in under the power capabilities of your power supply, but we do not know the details of your power supply rails (amps), nor do we know how well (or poorly) it's aged since you purchased the computer. It's highly unlikely it's capable of still putting out max power.

So, while it should work, I won't guarantee that you won't run into issue and therefore, I would not recommend it without also upgrading your (proprietary) power supply.

-Wolf sends

Solution
Apr 5, 2018

My computer is 4 years old so i expect the power supply to not put out max power.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Probably not.

Anyway, I made a mistake earlier. There are actually two power supply options for your system, the standard 180 watt and a 240 watt version. Not sure which you have (check for a sticker on the side of the PSU), but if you had the 240 watt power supply, the chances of it working increase, but my recommendation still doesn't change. Also, the chances of upgrading the PSU are out the window if you have the 240 watt PSU.

-Wolf sends

Apr 5, 2018

Thanks I will check later and find out my PSU

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
What exact i5 is it? Haswells starting coming out in 2013 and I don't believe the GT 710 is an upgrade on any of those integrated graphics. It's also only about equal to the HD 4000 in a lot of Ivy Bridge CPUs. Unless you have a Sandy Bridge or earlier CPU in there, it's very likely that a GT 710 won't do anything for you; it's an extraordinarily weak GPU, mostly used by OEMs selling PCs with CPUs that don't have integrated graphics.

Wolfshadw

Titan

There would be the advantage of more VRAM, but aside from that, this is essentially correct (and still not recommended).

-Wolf sends