[SOLVED] Will a GIGABYTE TPM 2.0 chip work with my Asus motherboard?

ivankhuri

Prominent
Dec 23, 2019
Hello,
In preparation for Windows 11 I'm going to purchase a TPM 2.0 chip for my motherboard (Asus H97M-PLUS)
However, due to the chip shortage and scalpers, I only found this one in stock:

lRR9Apr.png

and my motherboard's TPM pin information is:

DYpH5Tm.png

The question is, if I go ahead and buy this will it work with my motherboard no problem?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Solution
Hello,
In preparation for Windows 11 I'm going to purchase a TPM 2.0 chip for my motherboard (Asus H97M-PLUS)
However, due to the chip shortage and scalpers, I only found this one in stock:

lRR9Apr.png

and my motherboard's TPM pin information is:

DYpH5Tm.png

The question is, if I go ahead and buy this will it work with my motherboard no problem?
Have you checked to see if your CPU supports a firmware TPM, or fTPM? You'd see it as a BIOS setting. Many CPU's made since 2016-2017 include one. If it's up to TPM rev level 2.0 Windows 11 will be perfectly compatible with it and it works just as well as a separate TPM module.

If it doesn't have fTPM then I agree to wait until Win11 is released. Not so much in hopes it will drop the requirement for a TPM capability, as I hope they don't, but because stock of TPM modules are doubtless going to increase and you'll be able to get the right one without being scalped mercilessly or taking a chance of damaging your motherboard and CPU with an incompatible module.

TRENDING THREADS