Will a GTX 1060 fit in my MicroATX board inside a CoolerMaster Pro 5 Case?

Aug 8, 2018
Hi,

So I'm building a PC, the specs are

CPU: Intel i5-8400
MotherBoard: ASRock H370M PRO 4 mATX
RAM: Patriot 2133 (4x2GB)
GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Galax OC
PSU: Coolermaster MWE 550W
Case: Coolermaster Pro 5

And I know that my GPU will fit inside my motherboard easily, but don't know if it will fit inside the case whilst trying to link up the brackets with the GPU, for support. Basically, I understand that it is highly preferable to have 2 brackets screwed up to your GPU for support and so it doesn't just hang there, and I'm not sure if I can even link up 1 of those brackets specific to my case choice because the motherboard's GPU slot doesn't align with the brackets necessary.

Any suggestions? Insight? Experience from building with the same case?

Lutfij

Titan
Pick DDR4-2666MHz ram sticks/kit.
The slots on the case and the board are meant to line up to one slot or the other. maybe I misunderstood what you've written...

In all honesty you're overthinking it. It'll fit but an matx board inside an atx chassis?

Where are you located? I'm sure you can source an matx chassis where you're located...?

Aug 8, 2018

Geez you have confused me..

So I understand where you said all cases and motherboards are meant to align with each other, but does that mean that this particular setup that I have, a mATX, the motherboard will be long enough for the GPU to be able to align with 2 brackets on the case that I can screw onto the GPU to allow for better stability?

Also with the RAM, I chose 2133 instead of 2666 because the price difference is stupidly ridiculous

"It'll fit but an matx board inside an atx chassis?"
What is an atx chassis?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS