[SOLVED] Will a GTX 1650 be enough for what I want to play?

mcan226

Honorable
Jan 19, 2017
Hello, everyone. I have built a pc recently because I had to replace my old one and I was thinking of doing some light gaming.

These are my specs:
CPU: i5-12400
Ram: kingston fury 2x8gb 3200 DDR4
MOBO: msi b660m mortar DDR4.
PSU: corsair CX550
SSD: 1TB WD green
Display: LG 1080p 60hz

These are the games I'd like to play:
Skyrim SE, high settings at 60fps
Dark souls remastered high settings at 60fps
Dark souls 3 medium/high settings at 60fps
The witcher 3 medium/high settings at 60fps
PUBG medium settings at 60fps
Genshin impact medium settings at 60fps
Apex legends low settigns at 60fps
RDD2 low settings at 60fps.

Will a PALIT NVIDIA GTX 1650 GP 4GB GDDR6 (i can get it for around 300 USD) and my current set up be compatible and enough for what I want? I've seen some benchmarks and it seems that it's capable, but some were using others cpu, or more ram than me.

Also, I need a new cooler, I'm currently using intel's stock one. Ehat can you recommend me? I'd like to spend no more than 50 usd.

Thanks in advance for your help

Solution
Yes, the GPU should be capable of running those games at those settings, you might have to tweak some but it is very doable with your setup. At the lower resolution, the games are move CPU bottlenecked, which your CPU will be able to handle. As for a CPU cooler, I would look at that one.. Cooler Master Hyper 212 or Noctua NH-U12S

mcan226

Honorable
Jan 19, 2017
Yes, the GPU should be capable of running those games at those settings, you might have to tweak some but it is very doable with your setup. At the lower resolution, the games are move CPU bottlenecked, which your CPU will be able to handle. As for a CPU cooler, I would look at that one.. Cooler Master Hyper 212 or Noctua NH-U12S

Nice, thank you. I'm very excited, this would be my first gaming pc and with those settings i'd be more than happy.

Thanks also for the cooler suggestions, the CM looks good, might get that one.

TRENDING THREADS