[SOLVED] Will a GTX 1660Ti Gaming X work with a VGA Monitor?

Fros78

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015
Im gonna be getting a GTX 1660Ti Gaming X from MSI and as far as im seeing there are no DVI-I or DVI-D ports, my monitor is really old but it's still 1080p and it basically has support for a VGA cable and a DVI which i haven't used. Im kinda relying on getting a Display Port to VGA Adapter and that being the end of it, but i've read that the 10xx series GPUs removed some circuitry that no longer supports conversions to VGA with adapters. Im really not in the mood for buying a new monitor anytime soon. Its a LG Flatron M227WD Digital TV Monitor. I Tried using the HDMI cable to hook up to my 970's HDMI port but it looked all blurry so i ditched it for the DVI-VGA Adapter.

Solution
I would recommend getting an HDMI to DVI cable to connect your monitor. DON'T use VGA. VGA requires two digital to analog conversions. It degrades the quality of the image. Use the digital to digital option. HDMI to DVI is a straight forward conversion.

kanewolf

Titan
I would recommend getting an HDMI to DVI cable to connect your monitor. DON'T use VGA. VGA requires two digital to analog conversions. It degrades the quality of the image. Use the digital to digital option. HDMI to DVI is a straight forward conversion.

Solution