Will a GTX 660 support 3 monitors?

chipthamac

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013
I have googled a bit, and the closest I have come to an answer was a thread here.

I have a GeForce GTX 660, not a ti either. It has 1 hdmi, 1 dvi-d and 1 dvi-a port, can I use these three ports and hook up the 3 dell 23 inch monitors that I have, and then play a game that uses all three screens at once? If this is possible, will I need to install any software to accomplish this? If so, what is it?

The game is World of Warcraft if that is important.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Solution
no other third party software needed to make it run across 3 screen. everything should be covered inside nvidia driver package. anyway did you already have the screens or not? i never play wow but i do know blizzard keep updating the client for content and graphic improvement here and there. but given the engine based on very old one even 660 might be good enough to run the game across 3 screen. initially the card is intended for 1080p and below
no other third party software needed to make it run across 3 screen. everything should be covered inside nvidia driver package. anyway did you already have the screens or not? i never play wow but i do know blizzard keep updating the client for content and graphic improvement here and there. but given the engine based on very old one even 660 might be good enough to run the game across 3 screen. initially the card is intended for 1080p and below

Solution

chipthamac

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013
I just wanted to check in and say that after over a year and a half of running this card, it plays wow across all 3 monitors just fine. Thanks for the help.

(sorry for the necropost.)