Will a GTX750Ti fit in a dell optiplex 780 SFF?

Jul 21, 2018
Hi! I've recently picked up a dell optiplex 780SSF to play some bare bones games, but as it turned out that was a mistake... so now, i have decided to boost the power a bit. instead of shelling out $500 for a semi-decent pre-built, I'm going to refresh the insides with a GTX750Ti, some cooling, and an Intel Pentium Gold G5600. I am also wondering if the CPU that I have chosen for this build is compatible... Thank you!

Solution
Since you're dealing with the SFF version, you're only going to be able to work with half height, single slot GPU's. The processor will not work with your system. On another note, how are you getting more power to the entire system?

If the GTX750Ti you have is one from the factory made after the release of the GTX1000 series, then you're most likely going to see a black screen due to an incompatible UEFI BIOS environment. If possible with the side panel off, see if the GPU powers up and gives you a display.

Pas son the make and model of the GPU, or a link would be better.

Lutfij

Titan
Since you're dealing with the SFF version, you're only going to be able to work with half height, single slot GPU's. The processor will not work with your system. On another note, how are you getting more power to the entire system?

If the GTX750Ti you have is one from the factory made after the release of the GTX1000 series, then you're most likely going to see a black screen due to an incompatible UEFI BIOS environment. If possible with the side panel off, see if the GPU powers up and gives you a display.

Pas son the make and model of the GPU, or a link would be better.

Solution
Jul 21, 2018

Im not that good with computers, but I know it has an intel core i3.

Optiplex 780 is LGA775. It doesn't take i series CPUs. You can look here for CPUs that run in that and the performance difference they make.
https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Dell-OptiPlex-780/3883
Q9650 is the best. You can save some money getting the Q9550. 0JP911, JP911 is the heatpipe cooler for that. That will make a low end 1080P machine but below that resolution not too bad. It's a BTX layout. All aftermarket parts are for ATX so there aren't any other options really.
Be sure and get a BIOS update from Dell/ support before a CPU swap.
That can handle up to 16GB DDR3 low density RAM. 8GB is plenty for a GTX750Ti.
The Opti 780 is UEFI. Some GTX 750 are UEFI many are not. The simplest solution is get one that is. MSI makes some.
To install the GPU. Create a System restore point. Boot into Safe Mode (F8) and remove the old GPU drivers. Then install the new GPU in SAFE Mode with Internet, Some driver require Windows to load, but it will boot OK to load the drivers. and install the drivers there.

TRENDING THREADS