[SOLVED] Will a huntkey GS550w +80 work on GTX 780?

Nov 17, 2020
Hey,

Will I get any problem with huntkey 550w +80 with Asus GTX 780 directcu ii oc?
nowadays I can't find a 600w nearby me I just got that PSU

Specs:
CPU: i5-3470 / 3.2Ghz
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600mhz
HDD: 1TB WD
MB: intel_DH61BF

Solution
Here you can see, from JG himself, that PSU is a POS. So no, it's not good enough for that graphics card and to be honest, if you just got this PSU you would be VERY wise to immediately return it and try to source something that is actually reliable and can supply the rated wattage, which that unit CANNOT.

Here you can see, from JG himself, that PSU is a POS. So no, it's not good enough for that graphics card and to be honest, if you just got this PSU you would be VERY wise to immediately return it and try to source something that is actually reliable and can supply the rated wattage, which that unit CANNOT.

Reactions: iRichX
Solution
Nov 17, 2020

Ooo, thank you... absolutely I am finding a reliable one, I didn't buy that psu yet. but I will be looking for another if it doesn't match that graphic card
how about that psu and its PCI?
https://citycenter.jo/gaming/gaming...0-v2-600w-high-efficiency-gaming-power-supply

Ooo, thank you... absolutely I am finding a reliable one, I didn't buy that psu yet. but I will be looking for another if it doesn't match that graphic card
how about that psu and its PCI?
https://citycenter.jo/gaming/gaming...0-v2-600w-high-efficiency-gaming-power-supply
Yeah, you don't want that unit either. As Jon said, both are garbage.

You need to revise your expectation on what a power supply is going to cost you, in order to increase the allowance for the budget for one. Or in other words, plan to spend a little more if you want to get a unit that's even worth spending your money on. You don't have to get a great unit, but at least get a unit that can actually supply the capacity that is listed on the label.

Either or both of these resources would be helpful in determining a halfway decent quality unit.