[SOLVED] Will a Hyper 212 Black Edition fit Phanteks P400A?

HDinis09

Prominent
Nov 30, 2020
After purchasing an OEM Ryzen 5 3600X by mistake, without an included cooler( I will try to cancel the purchase), so I want to buy a CPU Cooler and so far the one I am sticking with is the Hyper 212 Black Edition.
According to each website, the Case supports CPU Coolers up to 160mm, and the CPU Cooler is 158.8mm, and I have doubts regarding spacing, because I don't know if the case website is counting with motherboard installed + CPU height.
I have seen This Video, where he uses a Dark Rock Pro 4, that has 162.8mm and was fine as far as I can tell. So if any of you have this combo, please tell me.
PS: I have a B450M Mortar Max.
Thank you for any help you can provide!

Solution
These builds, tell me that you can work with the Hyper 212 Black Edition inside that case. If you're going to cancel the order, are you going for the retail version of the Ryzen processor? If so, then that will come with a stock that will get you by, and save you some change.

If you're not going to overclock on the processor, you're better off with the stock cooler. As for cooler suggestions, I'd pick an AIO since the case has the option to draw in fresh cooler ambient air from the front.

Lutfij

Titan
These builds, tell me that you can work with the Hyper 212 Black Edition inside that case. If you're going to cancel the order, are you going for the retail version of the Ryzen processor? If so, then that will come with a stock that will get you by, and save you some change.

If you're not going to overclock on the processor, you're better off with the stock cooler. As for cooler suggestions, I'd pick an AIO since the case has the option to draw in fresh cooler ambient air from the front.

Reactions: HDinis09
Solution

HDinis09

Prominent
Nov 30, 2020

Thank you for your reply, I managed to cancel the order, and will instead get a Ryzen 5 3600, do you think the Wraith Stealth will manage to cool it under load? I can still get the hyper 212, maybe not now but in 2 months or so. Just to have a better quality cooler.