Will a hyper 212 evo fit in a Xclio Windtunnel Case? UEFI Bios? Z97A or Maximus VII Hero?

iSoLateD1

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
I want to use the same case when upgrading to a new motherboard and CPU and was wondering if the Hyper 212 Evo CPU cooler will fit in a Xclio Windtunnel case? I would hate to have to buy a new case. I am kind of price sensitive.

Also, I am going to a UEFI Bios board and currently have win 7 pro installed on a non UEFI Bios PC. Will I have to reinstall windows 7?

And I am either getting an Asus Z97-A or a Asus Z97 Maximus VII Hero to use with the Core i5 4690k I already ordered. This is going with the 16 gb G.skill ripjaws x ram and gtx 970 I already have in my current PC. Which would you recommend? I only have around $300 to spend and would kind of like to have some left over, so I need the MB and CPU Cooler only. I would like to overclock the i5 to at least 4.2/4.3 ghz, and am using it for a gaming PC. Is there much of a difference in game performance or overclocking between the 2 board to justify spending the extra $100 for the Maximus VII Hero? Thanks.

Latest posts