Will a i5 7400 bottleneck a vega 56 or a gtx 1070?

Ola1312

Prominent
Apr 11, 2017
I am planning to buy a vega 56 or a gtx 1070, i already have a i5 7400 and a asus mx34vq. The question is, will a I5 7400 bottleneck a gtx 1070 or vega 56 and if it does, how much?

Solution
We have no idea about Vega, but it will bottleneck a 1070 some, but not too much. There are a lot of factors, if you are playing at 1080p, it will bottleneck it more. If you are playing at 2k, less. Some games are CPU heavy such as battlefield one. Some games don't require much of a CPU at all. So for the games that are light on the CPU, your bottleneck will be less and for heavy CPU games it will be more.

For a gaming rig, you want to spend most of your money on a GPU. While the CPU is important to a degree, it is not nearly as important as the GPU.
We have no idea about Vega, but it will bottleneck a 1070 some, but not too much. There are a lot of factors, if you are playing at 1080p, it will bottleneck it more. If you are playing at 2k, less. Some games are CPU heavy such as battlefield one. Some games don't require much of a CPU at all. So for the games that are light on the CPU, your bottleneck will be less and for heavy CPU games it will be more.

For a gaming rig, you want to spend most of your money on a GPU. While the CPU is important to a degree, it is not nearly as important as the GPU.

Solution

kronoset

Prominent
Oct 12, 2017

Google. A few examples are BF1, Witcher 3, and basically any Bethesda game. RTS games tend to be the most CPU intensive, as well as multiplayer games like Battlefield. Basically the more 'things' the game is doing, the more CPU it uses.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts