[SOLVED] Will a Kingston SSDNow A400 SA400S37 480GB fit with a Asus K53 K54 K55 HDD Caddy?

Solution
Yes it will fit since that SSD is a standard 2.5" form factor. But the question is what case do you have? Most of the time it is not needed to get these kind of adapters (waste of money) since a SSD can be placed in many places where you can attach it with some cheap double sided tape.

Joakim Agren

Reputable
Sep 5, 2019
Yes it will fit since that SSD is a standard 2.5" form factor. But the question is what case do you have? Most of the time it is not needed to get these kind of adapters (waste of money) since a SSD can be placed in many places where you can attach it with some cheap double sided tape.

Solution

c050

Reputable
Dec 14, 2018
When I installed the SSD to the DVD bay, is there any reason I can't use this installation to clone my platter harddrive to it? And then just switch positions of the SSD and the platter harddrive.

If I managed to clone the hard drive to SSD, they would be identical. Can I have both installed and just switch the boot drive to SSD without causing conflicts?
I might want to keep the platter drive untouched for a while until I know the SSD works.

I will at first install the SSD as just an extra drive to put games and other programs I want to run faster on. Eventually I'm sure I want to make it the Win 10 drive.