Question Will a new SSD fix my in game slowness/stutters?

Jake mal

Prominent
Jun 9, 2019
Hi, any replies I get I am Grateful for because I really need help with this because I've now got a (what is say is) a decent PC for a 15 year old.

Ryzen 3 2200G
XFX Rx 570 8GB
A320 mobo
2 x 8GB RAM (corsair vengeance, OC to 2667mhz)
600W EVGA 80+ White
1TB 7200 HDD

In all games, I get stable frames. I moniter things on MSI AB, everything looks OK I think, except most t of the time. My CPU will be near maxed out, while my GPU will sit at about 60-70% and only max sometimes then go back down. My gpu temps seem OK. About 70-75 when gaming. I still need to check my cpu temps tho. My frametimes are a bit wierd tho. So they usually stay around 12-20ms but fluctuate from those numbers. And along with an HDD I thought this could be the cause of my slowness feel in games. My games will always say I'm getting good frames (60+) but the performance dosent prove that. It'll be OK for about 20 seconds, then my game will slow down and feel like it's choppy and just unplayable. Then just repeats that process. This happens in all games. I've talked to someone and they has the same problem as me and they got an SSD, put their OS, main games on it and they said it fixed their problem. Will getting and SSD help me? I'm just sick of having an unplayable experience when I have a decent PC. Any help in massively appreciated!

Lutfij

Titan
SSD's do help in game load times as well as app/OS loading times. You forgot to mention what games you tax the system with and the age of your PSU. The motherboard's model is generically stated, we'll need more details on that. Also, you should've gone for the B350 chipset or a B450 chipset and paired it with a dual channel DDR4-3200MHz ram kit to get the best out of your platform.

Which version of Windows 10 are you on? Latest BIOS update for your motherboard?

Jake mal

Prominent
Jun 9, 2019
SSD's do help in game load times as well as app/OS loading times. You forgot to mention what games you tax the system with and the age of your PSU. The motherboard's model is generically stated, we'll need more details on that. Also, you should've gone for the B350 chipset or a B450 chipset and paired it with a dual channel DDR4-3200MHz ram kit to get the best out of your platform.

Which version of Windows 10 are you on? Latest BIOS update for your motherboard?
So mind me if I get anything slightly wrong or off (I'm only 15 so my knowledge isn't exactly the best)

I have an A320M-DVS R3. 0
The Bios version is 'P3. 30 - AMD AGESA Combo-Am4 1. 0. 0. 3
The games I play atm are things like: Fortnite, Realm Royal, Counter strike Go, Apex Legends. But they all run the same as I mentioned earlier. Also I bought my PSU about a month ago New so it's all in good condition ect.

TRENDING THREADS