[SOLVED] Will a Nvidia gtx 1660 TI work on my pre-built Acer aspire TC-605?

Jul 15, 2020
Hello,

I was looking to upgrade my pc but don't know much about components as I've never built a pc before. I was told to come here for help.

As said in the title I am trying to figure out whether a gtx 1660ti will work im my acer TC-605 (relatively old pc)

Some of the pc's specs are...

CPU: i5 4460
PSU: 200W
2.0 PCIE x 16 slot

Manufacturer specs:

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/KH/content/model/DT.SRQST.039

from my limited understanding, upgrading the psu to meet the needs of of the gpu and having the necessary PCIE slot available is all thats needed or is there anything else I need to consider before upgrading?

Solution
First, thank you for responding. So I would need to upgrade the psu to a 450W. Will any psu work on my system?
Any that will fit. I have not seen the inside of the case for your model computer though so you will need to measure the available space.

While a modular PSU is more expensive, it is very nice to have only the needed cables. THIS recent power supply post will give you some guidance in selecting a good unit.

RealBeast

Titan
Hello,

I was looking to upgrade my pc but don't know much about components as I've never built a pc before. I was told to come here for help.

As said in the title I am trying to figure out whether a gtx 1660ti will work im my acer TC-605 (relatively old pc)

Some of the pc's specs are...

CPU: i5 4460
PSU: 200W
2.0 PCIE x 16 slot

Manufacturer specs:

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/KH/content/model/DT.SRQST.039

from my limited understanding, upgrading the psu to meet the needs of of the gpu and having the necessary PCIE slot available is all thats needed or is there anything else I need to consider before upgrading?
NVIDIA recommends a minimum PSU of 450W and you need an 8 pin PCIe power plug for the card, which is unlikely on a 200W PSU.

Reactions: A_tasty_hamburger

RealBeast

Titan
First, thank you for responding. So I would need to upgrade the psu to a 450W. Will any psu work on my system?
Any that will fit. I have not seen the inside of the case for your model computer though so you will need to measure the available space.

While a modular PSU is more expensive, it is very nice to have only the needed cables. THIS recent power supply post will give you some guidance in selecting a good unit.

Solution
Jul 15, 2020

I see. So the only requirement is having enough space within the case..

I will check it out thanks again for your help

Reactions: RealBeast

RealBeast

Titan
I see. So the only requirement is having enough space within the case..

I will check it out thanks again for your help
The standard size ATX PSU is 150 mm wide, 86 mm high, and around 140 mm deep but that varies in some models. Although there are not the wide variety of choices in SFX (small form factor PSUs) they are smaller at 125mm wide, 100mm deep and 63.5mm high). In any case once you narrow it down to your choice, look at its specification sheet to insure that it does fit.

Jul 15, 2020
The standard size ATX PSU is 150 mm wide, 86 mm high, and around 140 mm deep but that varies in some models. Although there are not the wide variety of choices in SFX (small form factor PSUs) they are smaller at 125mm wide, 100mm deep and 63.5mm high). In any case once you narrow it down to your choice, look at its specification sheet to insure that it does fit.
"In any case" nice xD

I guess I'll need to open up the pc and start measuring although I'm fairly certain I should be able to find one that fits. Someone in another thread mentioned they were able to put a 2080ti into the same pc so they would've needed to upgrade the psu I'm pretty sure

this has been a learning experience for sure lol

RealBeast

Titan
"In any case" nice xD

I guess I'll need to open up the pc and start measuring although I'm fairly certain I should be able to find one that fits. Someone in another thread mentioned they were able to put a 2080ti into the same pc so they would've needed to upgrade the psu I'm pretty sure

this has been a learning experience for sure lol
Yeah, I almost said no pun intended, but left it out. ;)
If a 2080Ti fit, anything should fit, but I would still measure. And that 2080Ti would definitely need a PSU upgrade.