Question will a nvidia gtx 660 work for my HP Pro 6005 SFF MotherBoard w/ AMD Athlon II X2 B26 / 3.2GHz

Feb 26, 2019
that's the reason I am asking. I'm not very a techy guy I just want to play fortnite. I want to know if any other graphics card can fit and be able to run 60 FPS

DSzymborski

Titan
I don't think any GPU will let you hit 60 FPS with that CPU. Open-world games are very tough on CPUs and this is an extremely old CPU that was already a budget CPU when it was released a decade ago. A GTX 660 won't save you and the GPUs that will both fit in your PC and work with your power supply are going to be less powerful than a 660.

Honestly, to be able to play Fortnite, you're going to need something considerably more up-to-date. Decade-old office PCs don't make good gaming rigs; you'd literally have to upgrade every single part.

DSzymborski

Titan
which graphics card do u recommend that would let me play fortnite on all low but the resolution would be all the way up and still run on 30 FPS.

I don't think I can make any recommendation for that. There's some give and take with minimum specs, but your CPU is half as powerful as the minimum spec for a CPU.

Again, this is a budget small form factor office PC from around 2009. Even making it into a budget gaming rig in 2012 would have involved replacing almost all of the parts.

do these graphics card you recommended fit my mother board?
also my mother board looks like this:

https://zapp0.staticworld.net/reviews/graphics/products/uploaded/350595_g2.jpg

GT 740 SFF should fit and run in your computer. Don't expect it to run newer games amazingly though, you will be on low settings and will have FPS fluctuations.

If you want a system for gaming on, you will need to get a tower computer with a decent power supply, 300+ watts and a newer CPU.