Will a r9 280x be compatible?

justfun100

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013
I have this computer : http://goo.gl/nTdAI2
I want to replace the gpu with a r9 280x but I wasn't sure what else I should upgrade.
I was thinking of getting an i5-3470 but would I also have to get something else like a new motherboard or ram? Thanks for reading please answer :)

Solution
unfortunately you are gonna need a new mobo as your current PC has an AMD socket, which will not support intel CPU's.though you can recycle the ram.and like others said your gonna need a new PSU too.

spat55

Distinguished
It would be compatible, but it would also be heavily bottlenecked with that CPU. If you got a i5 3570 you would need a new motherboard, but you might be able to keep the RAM but might aswell upgrade that as well awhile you are at it.

Like Rolli59 said that 300w PSU would not cut it and you would want to get a good quality 500w minimum.

thasan1

Honorable
Mar 27, 2013
unfortunately you are gonna need a new mobo as your current PC has an AMD socket, which will not support intel CPU's.though you can recycle the ram.and like others said your gonna need a new PSU too.

Solution

justfun100

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013

If I upgraded the RAM while still remaining at 8 gigs would it increase gaming performance much?