Will a Radeon 4850 fit in my K9N6PGM2 (MS-7309)

ChangoIbarra

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
My biggest concern is if the GDDR3 memory will be compatible with my current motherboard? I currently have a 4650 but i kind of want to upgrade. I know i should probably upgrade to something better but i play Eve-Online and i want to run two clients on my computer on semi-decent graphics. i dont want to replace the whole motherboard. at most i want to upgrade my power supply and my graphics card. If there is any other options for under 250 dollars then please throw the suggestions around please. thank you.

ChangoIbarra

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
so if the whole GDDR3/GDDR5 doesnt matter in choosing your motherboard/video card compatibility what is it a factor in? just RAM? and should i go with a 512MB or 1GB 4870? the difference is only 30dollars.

The memory on the card is only for the Graphics processor on the card absolutely nothing to do with the system memory your CPU uses. The only requirement is that you have the correct GPU slot. The size of the memory on the card is going to be based on the resolution you play at and actually if you are going with 2 monitor setup for your two clients the 1gb is better.

ChangoIbarra

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
cool good to know. so what power supplies should i be lookin into? brands, prices ect. i already know that imma probably get my video card from newegg.com and ill probably get my PSU from there too.

anonymousdude

Distinguished

Look for PSU's from reputable brands such as corsair, silverstone, seasonic, PC Power & Cooling, Antec, etc. Expect a quality 500-600W PSU to be around $80 give or take $10 and often times before rebates. Something like this would suit your needs well.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139004

ChangoIbarra

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
I will definitely have to get that one then. I keep having all these questions but i think this will be my last one. would it be better if i were to get another 4650 and crossfire it or just go with the 5770?

Anonymousdu; its 1440 x 900

TRENDING THREADS