[SOLVED] Will a RX 580 (8GB) bottleneck a Ryzen 5 3600?

TheUltraMarine

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2016
Hey everyone, so after reading the suggestion of a previous thread I made, I wanted to swap out the Ryzen 5 2600 I was originally going with a 3600 for more of a future planning/upgradable build since it would be easier to swap out a GPU than a CPU, but for the RX 580 that I'm going with, which is an 8GB variant, will it bottleneck the CPU?

Solution
Hey everyone, so after reading the suggestion of a previous thread I made, I wanted to swap out the Ryzen 5 2600 I was originally going with a 3600 for more of a future planning/upgradable build since it would be easier to swap out a GPU than a CPU, but for the RX 580 that I'm going with, which is an 8GB variant, will it bottleneck the CPU?

No, it's only a lower-midrange GPU, so pretty much any new CPU, even budget ones, will have little problem with it. If you had an FX CPU instead, that would have been a different story.

DSzymborski

Titan

No, it's only a lower-midrange GPU, so pretty much any new CPU, even budget ones, will have little problem with it. If you had an FX CPU instead, that would have been a different story.

Solution