Will a ryzen 3 be good with gtx 750ti?

amarisbeast

Reputable
Apr 25, 2017
So I am looking to get a new cpu for a very low budget. I have a evga gtx 750 ti sc 2gb edition and am looking to get a cpu for it and i am not looking to upgrade the gpu. I heard the ryzen 3 1200 can run games surprisingly well for 100$ but it was usually paired with a good gpu. I want to know if my gpu was paired with the ryzen 3 1200 if i would get 30+ fps or better on AAA titles like gta 5, arma 3, bf1,and so on. I went on http://www.game-debate.com to see the results with my system, with the ryzen 3 1200 and there is no specs on it or user reviews to see if its compatible with AAA titles, so i came here to ask the community if its compatible. So what do you think guys can i run it?

Solution

go with console then, yes, it's cheaper than some PC build, but u damn sure gonna spend more $ on their games, and when the new console comes, u will to buy the new one again bcz there won't be any more new games for the previous game (except console refreshes, like PS4 -> PS4 Pro)
[no offense on console gamers, im just stating the facts here]

at least on PC, u just need to change the parts once in a while and u can tweak the settings as u move up to the newer gen games
[AMD Ryzen 3 1200 cost about 109$ MSRP + the...
yes it's good enough, there shouldn't be any bottleneck there, though if u're running on high, u might want to consider upgrading to 1050ti for the extra VRAM and better driver supports (the 2 GB is pretty lacking for those AAA titles these days, on high settings of course)

Remember you're replacing more than just the CPU:
a) CPU
b) motherboard
c) DDR4 memory (at least 2x4GB 2666MHz)
d) probably need new Windows license, and of course you need to REINSTALL everything (can keep some things like Steam's "Steamapps" folder which can be moved back so you don't redownload the games)

Also, they found you really want to get a BETTER COOLER so you can overclock these CPU's. The stock cooler isn't very good. It's sufficient for the CPU's as they are, but you really want to overclock them.

*A lot of the reviews can be MISLEADING because they overclock the R3-1200, and pair with 3200MHz Dual Channel which many people on budgets don't do. The performance advantage was over 30% at times. Some people even put in SINGLE STICKS of memory with Ryzen and lost a big chunk of performance.

http://www.gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3002-amd-r3-1200-review-line-between-fine-and-exciting/page-4

That's probably the best information in a quick glance. Note that the G4560 Pentium does quite well (factoring in total cost of CPU, memory, and motherboard), as it can use CHEAPER system memory since it doesn't need a 2x3200Mhz to get the top performance. Even a single stick doesn't necessarily have issues.

I've seen builds with the G4560 + $60 motherboard + 1x8GB 2400MHz DDR4 stick

Unless you plan to update the CPU to something like the R7-1700 (8-core Ryzen) I'd go with a G4560 build (see pcpartpicker to figure out parts). Your top choice there for upgrading later would be the i7-7700K likely.

*It all comes down to BUDGET so it's hard to give a definitive answer. You may find the budget with everything goes HIGHER than you expected.

amarisbeast

Reputable
Apr 25, 2017

Why would i have to replace my memory i already have a pc with the gtx 750 ti and a motherboard and ram everything but just need to replace cpu and motherboard right?

No, not right,
unless what u have right now are DDR4 RAM with high speed (2667mhz ++) ryzen won't work optimaly

If ur RAM are DDR3, u need to buy the DDR4

amarisbeast

Reputable
Apr 25, 2017

amarisbeast

Reputable
Apr 25, 2017

I'm gonna go kms switching to console wth. <ModEdit> computer has been dead for a year and can't even play all my steam games worth 600$.

<Moderator Warning: Watch your language in these forums>

go with console then, yes, it's cheaper than some PC build, but u damn sure gonna spend more $ on their games, and when the new console comes, u will to buy the new one again bcz there won't be any more new games for the previous game (except console refreshes, like PS4 -> PS4 Pro)
[no offense on console gamers, im just stating the facts here]

at least on PC, u just need to change the parts once in a while and u can tweak the settings as u move up to the newer gen games
[AMD Ryzen 3 1200 cost about 109$ MSRP + the B350 mobo bout 80$ + 8 GB DDR4 RAM somewhere in 60-80$ = pretty much just about 300$ and u already whine about it -_-]

if u don't want to / can't spend 300$, just go with some used parts like a 4th gen i5 + mobo and u can keep ur DDR3 RAM, it's not dead, it's just reaching the end of the line, they don't produce it anymore, doesn't mean u can't use it.

Edit: Extra Fact bout PC gaming: u don't have to upgrade, it's not necessary (unless u want to keep playing the latest game on the highest settings, which means u will need it, but still, it's not a must, but rather, ur own free will :))

Solution